The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

University of Lancaster

So i wanna go to Lancaster University but i am scared i might get weird ass roomates. Does anyone else plan on living in Lancaster campus with other roomates such as myself( im a guy btw). If anyone is interested in living with me and few other people we find on here just give ur instagram so that we can properly talk on there. We about to make a lit squad!😂
Original post by Anonymus12⁰
So i wanna go to Lancaster University but i am scared i might get weird ass roomates. Does anyone else plan on living in Lancaster campus with other roomates such as myself( im a guy btw). If anyone is interested in living with me and few other people we find on here just give ur instagram so that we can properly talk on there. We about to make a lit squad!😂

Hi, I think you will find this fear no matter what uni you go to.
My daughters is there first year in halls. Loves it so much. She was worrying about covid, restictions, bad flat mates and all of that. So this April she joined another social media site which is the freshers group chat. From there she got added to whatsapp chats, such as physics group chat, grizedale group chat, county group chat, and townhouse group chat. She couldnt keep up with the frequancy of the posts it was that busy.
She branched off with about 10 of them in physics group chat and every sunday they would zoom and take in turns to host quizes, plus online escape rooms. She did this every week up until move in day. They got pretty close, so she was very happy knowing she had friends on the outside of her flat already made :smile:
She chose a townhouse. 1 because its gor a living room to socialize in, and 2, theres 12 of them in there, so chances are she will meet at least one person she gets on with. She gets on with all 12, and shes living with 7 of them next year.
You are going to have a few niggles, but thats ok. Her flat have got this system with a 'talking spoon' when they have a house meeting. Strange, but apparently it works and saves people shouting over each other. And they dont always go out all together because of their timetables. But thats fine too, no-one takes offense if they say no. I believe the standard superiors are also in 12's and some even 15's. As for her physics group chat mates, they dont quiz but still meet every sunday for helping each other and having a good natter, plus she meets up with them for walks and takeaways (outside now because of tier 3)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Ghostlady
Hi, I think you will find this fear no matter what uni you go to.
My daughters is there first year in halls. Loves it so much. She was worrying about covid, restictions, bad flat mates and all of that. So this April she joined another social media site which is the freshers group chat. From there she got added to whatsapp chats, such as physics group chat, grizedale group chat, county group chat, and townhouse group chat. She couldnt keep up with the frequancy of the posts it was that busy.
She branched off with about 10 of them in physics group chat and every sunday they would zoom and take in turns to host quizes, plus online escape rooms. She did this every week up until move in day. They got pretty close, so she was very happy knowing she had friends on the outside of her flat already made :smile:
She chose a townhouse. 1 because its gor a living room to socialize in, and 2, theres 12 of them in there, so chances are she will meet at least one person she gets on with. She gets on with all 12, and shes living with 7 of them next year.
You are going to have a few niggles, but thats ok. Her flat have got this system with a 'talking spoon' when they have a house meeting. Strange, but apparently it works and saves people shouting over each other. And they dont always go out all together because of their timetables. But thats fine too, no-one takes offense if they say no. I believe the standard superiors are also in 12's and some even 15's. As for her physics group chat mates, they dont quiz but still meet every sunday for helping each other and having a good natter, plus she meets up with them for walks and takeaways (outside now because of tier 3)

Alright thx for sharing all this information it really helped!
Hi, do you know the social media site that your daughter used for the freshers group chat as I'm going to Lancaster in September and want to meet people from my degree and the colleges? Many thanks :smile:
Original post by emsparrott_
Hi, do you know the social media site that your daughter used for the freshers group chat as I'm going to Lancaster in September and want to meet people from my degree and the colleges? Many thanks :smile:

Cannot post on TSR links on the main forums im afraid due to regulations, but they start off on facebook, and its a case of searching for them on there, and you can also find college group pages as well, ran by the uni themselves.

Quick Reply