Lump on breast

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I've recently found a small lump on my breast, it feels like a knot. I'm 22 years old and honestly scared with the possibilities and unsure what to do considering corona.
Any advice would be appreciated.
litstudent30
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Far fewer people are getting checked out for cancer and other illnesses because of Corona - this is not good! This sounds like it could be serious, so it's DEFINITELY got to be checked out. Contact your GP urgently. Hope it's nothing serious.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to see your GP. It is probably nothing but this is not the sort of thing you should be ignoring.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My mom had 2 lumps and she checked them and they were nothing serious, so don't get mega stressed out but definitely check it.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
It’s nothing at your age
OceanCat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you nearing your period or currently menstruating?

(Original post by litstudent30)
Far fewer people are getting checked out for cancer and other illnesses because of Corona - this is not good! This sounds like it could be serious, so it's DEFINITELY got to be checked out. Contact your GP urgently. Hope it's nothing serious.
Don't scare monger.
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
don’t let people scare you!

it probably is nothing but it’s always best to get it checked out! book an appointment with your GP and they can check it for you.

best of luck
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey. It could be nothing at all and, like you said a knot in your muscle. However, it is better to check. Doctors would much rather you check and it be nothing than you don't check at all and it turns out to be something.

Good luck x
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’s nothing at your age
are you a doctor? people in their 20s get cancer.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Don't scare monger.
They are giving perfectly correct advice.
gomgossa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The NHS and your GP is absolutely still there for anything you might need in these times. Adequate precautions will be in place. If something is concerning you PLEASE don't hesitate to book an appointment. You're not the one who's responsibility it is to decide whether its serious enough or not, that would be your doctor's job, so please go and see them !
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
I've recently found a small lump on my breast, it feels like a knot. I'm 22 years old and honestly scared with the possibilities and unsure what to do considering corona.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Go to your doctor
Mohamed Idris
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely go to your doctor, because of coronavirus people are neglecting everything else, all cancers and diseases still exist, coronavirus didn't wash them away. If you have symptoms of CANCER you should definitely call a GP or go to the hospital before it develops to the point where it can't be cured.
Anonymous9908
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can y’all understand how scared this person is feeling and y’all are saying she’s probably got cancer. Don’t assume, get it checked out when you feel comfortable
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Are you nearing your period or currently menstruating?

Don't scare monger.
Should be nearing! Does this make significant difference?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
At your age it is almost certainly not cancer but you should get it checked out anyway - it's still important to make sure you go to your GP when you need to even though we're in a pandemic.
Moonlight rain
Report 1 month ago
I had a lump on my breast but it turned out to be nothing and it went away. But get it checked out if you’re scared
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. Women can tend to get lumps etc near to or during their periods which are harmless.
However saying that, you should get it checked just in case.
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Breasts change shape and firmness during or around your period! So sometimes it can feel like a lump when it’s just your breast changing slightly whilst you’re on your period!

Please do get it checked though! It’s always best x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.95%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.9%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (161)
37.53%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.59%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.03%

Watched Threads