Not another lockdown

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So it seems that after lockdown the whole country will basically be on a tier meaning that it’s effectively the same rules as lockdown, until at least March end according to Matt Hancock. I know people are going to call me selfish for saying this because people have died, but it’s is only like >0.5% of those infected and most of those were going to die soon anyways. I just need to rant, sorry.

My a levels were cancelled, which meant I got CAGs lower than what I could achieve easily, six months if lockdown already impacted my mental health badly (I have anxiety and depression). My prom and 18th birthday were in lockdown and cancelled, two things I was looking forward to. During lockdown I was diagnosed with a couple of other medical conditions too. I had to drop out of uni because it was a huge waste of money as they cancelled all lectures during Covid and just set us youtube videos to watch and to read 1000s of pages of textbooks, which is not uni. So I’m trapped at home for a year and a half before I can go to uni, my driving test has been cancelled 3 times due to lockdowns too. I can’t get a job either as there is nothing available, and I’m stuck at home every day with a parent I HATE.

I don’t know if I can do things basically not changing until end of March at the earliest (which probably means june) and if they won’t vaccinate until the end of summer like they said then next year of uni will suck too and ruin 3 academic and social years. I can’t even visit my nan as the government is only testing those with relatives in care homes, so I can’t visit my Nan who lives alone and is over 70 but who doesn’t quite need a care home yet so no one will test me to go and see her. I don’t know if I can live like this for much longer. I’m crying I’m at my wits end. I’m sorry.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think the way you're saying things aren't great at the start. Yes most people who have died from COVID were either older or had a medical condition but that in no way meant they were going to die anytime soon and then you go onto talking about wanting to see your nan (who is in a very high risk category). Think about all of the people who have lost their grandparents due to COVID when they could have had 2-15 years left of their life despite being older. I don't think that's the way you meant it but either way, be careful of the way you word things

Other than that, I get how you are feeling and so do many many people right now more than ever. You will get through this, you're strong and you can make it through. But you can't do it alone, you need to talk to friends or someone who can help because it makes everything so much easier to deal with I promise (:
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Don't be so selfish. Oh poor think you missed prom and your 18th birthday because of a pesky virus? God damn that must be so hard for you. I lost my brother's life bc of this virus. Be grateful you're well, because others are not.
Whilst this post does raise some bad wording, thier emotions and feelings are just as valid as anyone else's who has been through a harder time. I'm sorry for your and anyone else's loss of family or friends during this time but someone's mental health because their life has stopped and completely changed and made their already existing mental health conditions worse is just as valid as what you and many others are feeling from losing a loved one.

In some ways they aren't well because they mental health is bad and that is one of the worst things to have to deal with normally, let alone during a lock down and global pandemic.
Granolakiddo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know this sounds unhelpful but, I genuinely hope everything will work out for you soon
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I wasn't talking about their mental health. I was talking about why they were so caught up on their 18th birthday and prom.
I imagine part of that is what called their mental health to also decline. having things you looked forward to cancelled when you're already feeling pretty **** can take a massive toll on mental health. Different things effect people differently
Anonymous #1
I imagine part of that is what called their mental health to also decline. having things you looked forward to cancelled when you're already feeling pretty **** can take a massive toll on mental health. Different things effect people differently
Thank you <3
Anonymous #1
I wasn't talking about their mental health. I was talking about why they were so caught up on their 18th birthday and prom.
Also only a tiny part of my post was about that most was about my education and my future
dylgeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s life. You want to get everything back to normal but you don’t want measures to reduce cases? You can’t have your cake and eat it, choose one
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dylgeo)
That’s life. You want to get everything back to normal but you don’t want measures to reduce cases? You can’t have your cake and eat it, choose one
I’m sick of measures the world should just go back to normal. Wear a mask if you want, hide at home forever if you want, but Covid is barely a virus in terms of lethality it’s like a baby kiss compared to most viruses
dylgeo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sick of measures the world should just go back to normal. Wear a mask if you want, hide at home forever if you want, but Covid is barely a virus in terms of lethality it’s like a baby kiss compared to most viruses
Then go out and catch it and give it to your nan, you’ll see how much of a baby kiss it is 🤣
Anonymous #1
Then go out and catch it and give it to your nan, you’ll see how much of a baby kiss it is 🤣
I’m not going to do that. I don’t care if I get it but I still wear a mask and stuff out of courtesy. Why are you out to make me even more miserable. If you are going to be mean then stop replying here.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Right, so now you've got it all out of your system, where do you want to go from here? Are you managing your MH issues by seeing a therapist or working with a GP? Regarding the other medical issues, are they being treated? Is the treatment helping you?

In general, **** happens. Focus on the things that you can do something about - perhaps you want to learn a new skill or finish that stack of books you've got, I dunno. Get creative, do something in the NOW rather than waiting for things to happen. Dwelling will not help you. Considering you've written this thread, perhaps journalling might be a good thing to engage with as well - use it to get out difficult thoughts and feelings. I'd also go as far as to say do gratitude journalling too, it'll open your eyes to the good in your life rather than solely focussing ont he bad.

As an additional side note: I would suggest you be more careful and understanding that those people who die or at risk are still people. We have a right to exist just as much as you do. You don't have to tread on people to make yourself feel better. Treat yourself and others with kindness and understanding.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I don't appreciate my comment at all. My dad who is in his mid 40s has a heart condition which makes him high risk. I can't just continue with my life as normal because I go to school and if I go hugging and mingling with everyone, I could risk spreading it to my dad. I don't need careless people (and you frankly sound like one right now) being like oh covid isn't that big a deal let's just continue with life spreading it to others. Also how can you say people die oh well (I'm presuming you are the person who started this thread). That is so cruel I was actually fuming when I read that. Also if you haven't learned about Long Covid I would suggest you read up on it because it can affect anyone. Also I'm sitting my A-Levels this year and there is also huge uncertainty so I can slightly understand your anxiety on the situation but PLEASE PEOPLE ARE DYING YOU CANT BE SO CRUDE.
rant over I'm sorry if that was harsh
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I don’t want no lockdown because of my birthday that was just a tiny point in a long thing. Why are you picking out one tiny thing, one of the things I care least about and are using it to make me feel even worse. You’re a horrid person and I want you to leave my thread or I’ll report you.
hun you have to understand that people are angry at your first message because it was insensitive and everyone has a right to express their opinion. I don't agree or disagree with what they said btw
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Right, so now you've got it all out of your system, where do you want to go from here? Are you managing your MH issues by seeing a therapist or working with a GP? Regarding the other medical issues, are they being treated? Is the treatment helping you?

In general, **** happens. Focus on the things that you can do something about - perhaps you want to learn a new skill or finish that stack of books you've got, I dunno. Get creative, do something in the NOW rather than waiting for things to happen. Dwelling will not help you. Considering you've written this thread, perhaps journalling might be a good thing to engage with as well - use it to get out difficult thoughts and feelings. I'd also go as far as to say do gratitude journalling too, it'll open your eyes to the good in your life rather than solely focussing ont he bad.

As an additional side note: I would suggest you be more careful and understanding that those people who die or at risk are still people. We have a right to exist just as much as you do. You don't have to tread on people to make yourself feel better. Treat yourself and others with kindness and understanding.
I do treat others with kindness, I want to work in helping people for a reason. I’ve already taught myself sign language, how to crochet, how to sew, how to Code up to GCSE level, and I’m sick of bored of teaching myself random stuff. I want to go to school (uni) like normal times. I was seeing a therapist but she decided that I was cured and told me to stop seeing her.
Anonymous #1
hun you have to understand that people are angry at your first message because it was insensitive and everyone has a right to express their opinion. I don't agree or disagree with what they said btw
How was it insensitive. I didn’t know trying to express myself was not allowed.
Anonymous #1
I don't appreciate my comment at all. My dad who is in his mid 40s has a heart condition which makes him high risk. I can't just continue with my life as normal because I go to school and if I go hugging and mingling with everyone, I could risk spreading it to my dad. I don't need careless people (and you frankly sound like one right now) being like oh covid isn't that big a deal let's just continue with life spreading it to others. Also how can you say people die oh well (I'm presuming you are the person who started this thread). That is so cruel I was actually fuming when I read that. Also if you haven't learned about Long Covid I would suggest you read up on it because it can affect anyone. Also I'm sitting my A-Levels this year and there is also huge uncertainty so I can slightly understand your anxiety on the situation but PLEASE PEOPLE ARE DYING YOU CANT BE SO CRUDE.
rant over I'm sorry if that was harsh
That was horrible. And long Covid isn’t a thing it’s called post vita fatigue syndrome and most people with it actually don’t have it because you can’t diagnose PVF in like 2 weeks
dylgeo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everywhere says that. It’s fact
Literally no proper source says that. Just because you got a Pass in BTEC Level 1 Combined Science, doesn’t make you the person who decides how likely you’ll survive COVID
Anonymous #1
That was horrible. And long Covid isn’t a thing it’s called post vita fatigue syndrome and most people with it actually don’t have it because you can’t diagnose PVF in like 2 weeks
Viral sorry typo
Anonymous #1
Literally no proper source says that. Just because you got a Pass in BTEC Level 1 Combined Science, doesn’t make you the person who decides how likely you’ll survive COVID
GCSE is level 2, and I didn’t say I decided that. It’s in loads of respected newspapers and scientific journals
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (126)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
36.97%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (59)
13.14%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.12%

Watched Threads