How to get some experience lecturing?

Watch
username5484956
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying at University, I study in Scotland and I’m currently doing a part-time PhD and looking for some experience with lecturing - how do I get into this field for some experience?
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should ask your supervisor/department if you can do some teaching/demonstrating, I know at my uni they would let me if I asked. If you are qualified in a certain area and/or like the look of certain modules ask the module leader could you lecture or teach on one of her subjects, some may say no but some may say yes. For instance, I can lecture on certain subjects if I want to as I am qualified in those areas, and have been asked, but I don't want to.
Last edited by JamesManc; 1 month ago
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Talk to your lecturer
username5484956
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JamesManc)
You should ask your supervisor/department if you can do some teaching/demonstrating, I know at my uni they would let me if I asked. If you are qualified in a certain area and/or like the look of certain modules ask the module leader could you lecture or teach on one of her subjects, some may say no but some may say yes. For instance, I can lecture on certain subjects if I want to as I am qualified in those areas, and have been asked, but I don't want to.
Thanks, I will ask and see what happens.
shosho11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DrEwanA)
I am currently studying at University, I study in Scotland and I’m currently doing a part-time PhD and looking for some experience with lecturing - how do I get into this field for some experience?
try lecturing online,build ure career profile,prefa bly teach in non english speaking countries where they need interpretation of whatever studies they are pursuing in english,plus the money that u make aint bad either,usually the students prefer teachers from english speaking nations,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (301)
55.74%
I don't have everything I need (239)
44.26%

Watched Threads