bundytapes90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone tried to access it? If you did, is it as dark as I thought it would be?

Sometimes I think people are just being too overdramatic over it or maybe not LOL

What's in it anyway if you ever did access it already
Synergy~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Reluctant to answer considering your username
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the Deep Web is for Shallow People

:yep:
stylinsongal42
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Synergy~)
Reluctant to answer considering your username
RIGHT HAHAHAHHAHAHA scared me a little when I saw the username, maybe a die hard fan which seems more scary to me lol
thomthommy96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Deep web is darker than you think if you actually can access the real deal, I think it's where scary black market is and the serious smuggling/trafficking happens
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thomthommy96)
Deep web is darker than you think if you actually can access the real deal, I think it's where scary black market is and the serious smuggling/trafficking happens
A lot of sites are government sites for the purpose of sting operations though
EMZX
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The deep web is not the same as dark web. If you had actually researched this you would have realised the surface web, deep web, and dark web exist and are not the same as each other.
hajima
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
The deep web is just a bunch of unindexed web pages and is not inherently sinister (you can access them with Google if you know the exact IP). The dark web is similar in concept but requires specific software to access, so also not inherently sinister. There are some horrific things on the dark web but there are also some nice things there too, depends on what you're looking for (if you're going to go there, please configure the relevant software properly and always assume anything to do with crypto-currency transactions in exchange for content/access is a scam because it probably is).
Last edited by hajima; 1 month ago
L. Baul
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The Deep Web is just stuff that is generally simply not indexed. Like private facebook groups, sites with content hidden behind a login. That kind of stuff. It's either really hidden, or you cant access it without credentials.

The Dark Web is likely the thing you're talking about. The kind of "Hidden Internet" that you need specific software (Like TOR) to access. To tell you the truth, it's pretty over hyped. Sure it can be dangerous as completely unmoderated stuff tends to be. But if you're smart (I.E Don't go browsing it on your main OS. Use something that TAILS OS that's built around keeping you anonymous and safe. Don't download stuff from there and DON'T try to buy anything. It's likely a scam or a honey pot. and don't go creating accounts on websites.) you'll be safe.

Generally it's mostly just Fake Services (Fake Hitmen, Fake Drug sellers, Fake Red Rooms. Basically, people trying to scam the gullible), Honey Pots (Like the previous one. But set up by Govts to bust people trying to do illicit stuff) and weird art projects. AFAIK You're not going to be finding any legitimate deepweb services unless you're already in the know. Except for Red Rooms. They straight up just don't exist due due to the limitations of TOR.

Though, I wouldn't advise you to go looking into it if you're not all that tech savvy. Instead, there's a YouTube series by SomeOrdinaryGamers where he goes through it and finds all kinds of weird stuff and explains it all. So you don't have to risk anything. Dude's smart enough to take all the precautions to not get himself in any trouble.

Here's a random episode of it. Good watch.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads