username5484000
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I was just wondering how are you guys revising for your english lit exams? I just want a grade 4 I guess, we're doing Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector Calls. Besides practice papers, do you guys just memorise quotes? I'm also struggling with context for these too.
chryssucks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mysteryjoestarkj)
Hi I was just wondering how are you guys revising for your english lit exams? I just want a grade 4 I guess, we're doing Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector Calls. Besides practice papers, do you guys just memorise quotes? I'm also struggling with context for these too.
Hey! I’m doing Macbeth, A Christmas Carol and Lord Of The Flies. For the mocks, mine start next week, we’re only doing Macbeth. I’ve just been writing character essays on the most likely and important characters such as: Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Banquo ect. Also I be been writing a few essays on certain themes like: Ambition, power, violence. Personally, I enjoy English Literature. I’m not that keen on the Language paper - It’s the first exam I have!
Idk131
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I would recommend Mr Salles teaches english, he has amazing videos for literature! He also has 10 key quote videos for Macbeth which i made flashcards for which you can link to any essayy
Idk131
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chryssucks)
Hey! I’m doing Macbeth, A Christmas Carol and Lord Of The Flies. For the mocks, mine start next week, we’re only doing Macbeth. I’ve just been writing character essays on the most likely and important characters such as: Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Banquo ect. Also I be been writing a few essays on certain themes like: Ambition, power, violence. Personally, I enjoy English Literature. I’m not that keen on the Language paper - It’s the first exam I have!
omg same I don't like the Language paper but its because of Q5
chryssucks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Idk131)
omg same I don't like the Language paper but its because of Q5
Ahh, I literally can not stick to the timings
username5484000
Rep:
?
(Original post by chryssucks)
Thank you so much for responding! Hopefully you do well and hey mocks are important but GCSEs are way more important so even if you don't do well just try your best, your effort counts! Also let's saying GCSEs are cancelled, it will also be based on classroom assessments and stuff so try your best for those too! Lord of the flies sounds so interesting ugh and our mocks start on the 6th. Language is way easier for me than lit but we'll see I guess ://
username5484000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Idk131)
Hey I would recommend Mr Salles teaches english, he has amazing videos for literature! He also has 10 key quote videos for Macbeth which i made flashcards for which you can link to any essayy
Thank you so much! I'll check him out but he's got such long videos- basically I have a shite attention span
chryssucks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much for responding! Hopefully you do well and hey mocks are important but GCSEs are way more important so even if you don't do well just try your best, your effort counts! Also let's saying GCSEs are cancelled, it will also be based on classroom assessments and stuff so try your best for those too! Lord of the flies sounds so interesting ugh and our mocks start on the 6th. Language is way easier for me than lit but we'll see I guess ://
You too. Good luck!
I’ll do your English Literature and you do my English Language lmao 😂
Lord Of The Flies is genuinely really interesting. I’m the type of person who likes to interpret different view points (that’s why I love poetry). I hope your mocks go well and good luck on your Lit test
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads