jjohnstonx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
anyone know just how important the lnat is? i find the books i do really well but online i’m getting like 13-20 which is lower than expected for glasgow. How important is it? will i get rejected if i get a poor lnat score?
chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It entirely depends on the university. For most universities, they don't have official weightings of how seriously they take the LNAT. But they have access to your scores and essay and they can use it, along with your A-Level grades, GCSE grades, personal statement, references, etc. to determine whether they should offer you a place.

What website are you using to practice? 13 is low, but 20 is pretty good, so if you get 20 in the real thing it wouldn't jeopardize your application by any means. I would definitely recommend using the website Arbitio to practice.
It's all about logic and analysis, so try to practice these skills in your day to day life. Learn to read between the lines of everything. Read an article and try to determine what the tone is, what the argument is, etc. This is what I did in the run up to my LNAT exam.

But overall you shouldn't be too worried. Just practice a bit every day and make sure you get your timing right. If you have good A-Level grades and a great personal statement, even if you get a bad LNAT score, it'll probably be fine.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jjohnstonx)
anyone know just how important the lnat is? i find the books i do really well but online i’m getting like 13-20 which is lower than expected for glasgow. How important is it? will i get rejected if i get a poor lnat score?
Most universities dont require the LNAT. Less than a dozen do.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bristol scores applications as 20% GCSE, 40% A levels etc and 40% LNAT.
They use both the MCQ score and mark the essay in-house.

If you are getting low scores (anything below early 20s) in the MCQ section then unless you have staggering high A level predictions, you might like to look at Unis outside LNAT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.08%
I don't have everything I need (91)
37.92%

Watched Threads