Miriam1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i would love to be a lawyer in the future but i dont know what subjects to pick for my options
Spencer5567
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi it doesn’t matter what you take for your GCSEs in relevance to what you want to become when you’re older, just pick things that you enjoy and are good at
Miriam1234
Rep:
?
but i would also love to pick options that would benifet me but thank you
Spencer5567
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Miriam1234)
It’s okay, I don’t think there are any gcse subject that can help you become a lawyer but then again your school might offer different subject to mine
Miriam1234
Rep:
?
ok thank you do you study law ?
gardengnome_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you can get into law with English which is already compulsory, maybe history or another humanity? There are so many different branches of law, so it would be worth researching which one you are interested in and looking at any possible specifications.
Miriam1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by gardengnome_)
I think you can get into law with English which is already compulsory, maybe history or another humanity? There are so many different branches of law, so it would be worth researching which one you are interested in and looking at any possible specifications.
thank you this has helped me i was looking for an answer like this
karolinamcz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
usually humanity subjects, i think one most likely that’ll help is history and english, same w a levels when the time comes. apparently universities aren’t too fond of law as an a level subject we’ve been told, history/english are usually the better alternatives and even classics too if it’s offered at your school, if not it’s also a good a level x
karolinamcz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karolinamcz)
usually humanity subjects, i think one most likely that’ll help is history and english, same w a levels when the time comes. apparently universities aren’t too fond of law as an a level subject we’ve been told, history/english are usually the better alternatives and even classics too if it’s offered at your school, if not it’s also a good a level x
sorry if that didn’t make much sense ahah x
Last edited by karolinamcz; 1 month ago
Miriam1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by karolinamcz)
no thank you it made alot of sense i enjoy history alot so i will definately be picking it for my options and do my a levels in history and english thank you so much
karolinamcz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no thank you it made alot of sense i enjoy history alot so i will definately be picking it for my options and do my a levels in history and english thank you so much
no problem good luck!
Marya N122
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i would love to be a lawyer in the future but i dont know what subjects to pick for my options
It depends upon what u like and/or what the college of your choice offers.

My sister took English, Business, Sociology and ICT in her AS and dropped ICT in A Levels.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I always suggest that one of your GSCEs should be a modern foreign language, as a skill for life. French may have been a struggle for me at that age but has been useful to me to this day.
C000034
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would strongly recommend History just in case your school prefers prior experience of it at GCSE before A-level, as it's a good A-level choice for a Law undergraduate degree. Other than that, pick ones you'll do well in - it's the grade that counts rather than the actual subject at GCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Today on TSR

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (123)
62.12%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise