chryssucks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!
I’m currently studying in my final year of high-school (year eleven) and I have a hazy view of the subjects I’d like to take for my a-levels. I just don’t really know about what job opportunities/university places it may lead me to. I would like to take:
Philosophy
EPR (Ethics, Philosophy and Religion)
Sociology
I’ve always wanted to be a therapist/councillor type person but any ideas?
-
Pretty sure nobody cares but I took some time and talked to my parents about it and they said that
Psychology OR Biology
Law
Philosophy

Because - If I ever change my mind, I can be free to go in a different route.
Last edited by chryssucks; 1 month ago
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chryssucks)
Hi!
I’m currently studying in my final year of high-school (year eleven) and I have a hazy view of the subjects I’d like to take for my a-levels. I just don’t really know about what job opportunities/university places it may lead me to. I would like to take:
Philosophy
EPR (Ethics, Philosophy and Religion)
Sociology
I’ve always wanted to be a therapist/councillor type person but any ideas?
I may be wrong, as I've not heard of EPR, but would having both EPR and Philosophy as A-levels not be potentially limiting? Especially if you're not aiming for a philosophy degree necessarily.
chryssucks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by bluebeetle)
I may be wrong, as I've not heard of EPR, but would having both EPR and Philosophy as A-levels not be potentially limiting? Especially if you're not aiming for a philosophy degree necessarily.
Yeah, I’m not too sure. The EPR lies mostly to do with religion and I find the idea behind it interesting. I thought taking EPR would be easier because there are aspects of Philosophy linking into it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads