Eating problems

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My daughter is 15 and every time we sit to eat she never wants to eat she always says she full or feels sick or starts a fight so she can storm off to her room and not eat, she only eats a small breakfast and a bit of dinner and desert. Is something wrong with her?
Tello
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My daughter is 15 and every time we sit to eat she never wants to eat she always says she full or feels sick or starts a fight so she can storm off to her room and not eat, she only eats a small breakfast and a bit of dinner and desert. Is something wrong with her?
Hi, has she always been like this or this a new occurrence? I went through a phase of not eating for about 4 months and lost a few stone due to anxiety and every time I ate I would be sick.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tello)
Hi, has she always been like this or this a new occurrence? I went through a phase of not eating for about 4 months and lost a few stone due to anxiety and every time I ate I would be sick.
I’m sorry you went through that I hope you’re better now
And this has only been going on for about 2 weeks
Tello
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sorry you went through that I hope you’re better now
And this has only been going on for about 2 weeks
Hi, it could be due to something being on her mind, which is causing her not to eat, but if not might be other problems - best to see a doctor.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't jump to assuming that she has an eating disorder.
Various physical health conditions or even other mental health conditions could be responsible for these symptoms.

Regardless, she needs to see a doctor ASAP.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends.
She may be trying to lose weight, rebelling against adults, not appreciative of the food options or the company on offer at family mealtimes.
Alternatively she may have food issues or health problems.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tello)
Hi, it could be due to something being on her mind, which is causing her not to eat, but if not might be other problems - best to see a doctor.
I’ll ask her and maybe she’ll open up to me and I’ll take her to the doctor thank you for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads