TaylaSamantha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am completely stuck. I want to send off my ucas by monday (waiting for one of my mocks so my predicted can be solidified) but i don’t know which uni to pick for my fifth options.
Im stuck between Aston (BBB), Manchester(AAB), Keele(ABC) and Manchester Met(BBB). Can anybody help me decide ;(
roseflamingo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Manchester
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TaylaSamantha)
I am completely stuck. I want to send off my ucas by monday (waiting for one of my mocks so my predicted can be solidified) but i don’t know which uni to pick for my fifth options.
Im stuck between Aston (BBB), Manchester(AAB), Keele(ABC) and Manchester Met(BBB). Can anybody help me decide ;(
It depends on what you want and what subject. I assume you are looking Northerly. How about Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool or if you are happy with a smaller place Lancaster. Only you can make that decision as it depends whet exactly you want and what grades but those are probably the best options near to Manchester.
TaylaSamantha
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
It depends on what you want and what subject. I assume you are looking Northerly. How about Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool or if you are happy with a smaller place Lancaster. Only you can make that decision as it depends whet exactly you want and what grades but those are probably the best options near to Manchester.
I actually did look at Lancaster and i quite liked it i just dont know the surrounding i’ve been to all the other places which is why i chose them
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I actually did look at Lancaster and i quite liked it i just dont know the surrounding i’ve been to all the other places which is why i chose them
Lancaster is very different to Aston, Manchester and Manchester Met. They are basically city universities. Lancaster is more like Keele. Several miles out in a quite green area rather than in the city. It is a fairly small town about an hour by train from Manchester or 20 minutes from Preston. Have a look at student videos and city videos to see if you like what you see. Hopefully next spring universities will make visit days to allow you to have a look around. Alternatively you could try Leeds or Sheffield if you want busier and bigger cities.
TaylaSamantha
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Lancaster is very different to Aston, Manchester and Manchester Met. They are basically city universities. Lancaster is more like Keele. Several miles out in a quite green area rather than in the city. It is a fairly small town about an hour by train from Manchester or 20 minutes from Preston. Have a look at student videos and city videos to see if you like what you see. Hopefully next spring universities will make visit days to allow you to have a look around. Alternatively you could try Leeds or Sheffield if you want busier and bigger cities.
Yeahh, i’m from London so thats what i’m used to. Thank you very much!!
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeahh, i’m from London so thats what i’m used to. Thank you very much!!
In that case look at Bristol or Cardiff. Both are city universities within 2 hours of London.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
27.96%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (103)
36.92%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.58%

Watched Threads