The Student Room Group

helpp, picking my fifth uni!!

I am completely stuck. I want to send off my ucas by monday (waiting for one of my mocks so my predicted can be solidified) but i don’t know which uni to pick for my fifth options.
Im stuck between Aston (BBB), Manchester(AAB), Keele(ABC) and Manchester Met(BBB). Can anybody help me decide ;(
Manchester
Original post by TaylaSamantha
I am completely stuck. I want to send off my ucas by monday (waiting for one of my mocks so my predicted can be solidified) but i don’t know which uni to pick for my fifth options.
Im stuck between Aston (BBB), Manchester(AAB), Keele(ABC) and Manchester Met(BBB). Can anybody help me decide ;(

It depends on what you want and what subject. I assume you are looking Northerly. How about Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool or if you are happy with a smaller place Lancaster. Only you can make that decision as it depends whet exactly you want and what grades but those are probably the best options near to Manchester.
Original post by swanseajack1
It depends on what you want and what subject. I assume you are looking Northerly. How about Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool or if you are happy with a smaller place Lancaster. Only you can make that decision as it depends whet exactly you want and what grades but those are probably the best options near to Manchester.

I actually did look at Lancaster and i quite liked it i just dont know the surrounding :frown: i’ve been to all the other places which is why i chose them
I actually did look at Lancaster and i quite liked it i just dont know the surrounding :frown: i’ve been to all the other places which is why i chose them

Lancaster is very different to Aston, Manchester and Manchester Met. They are basically city universities. Lancaster is more like Keele. Several miles out in a quite green area rather than in the city. It is a fairly small town about an hour by train from Manchester or 20 minutes from Preston. Have a look at student videos and city videos to see if you like what you see. Hopefully next spring universities will make visit days to allow you to have a look around. Alternatively you could try Leeds or Sheffield if you want busier and bigger cities.
Original post by swanseajack1
Lancaster is very different to Aston, Manchester and Manchester Met. They are basically city universities. Lancaster is more like Keele. Several miles out in a quite green area rather than in the city. It is a fairly small town about an hour by train from Manchester or 20 minutes from Preston. Have a look at student videos and city videos to see if you like what you see. Hopefully next spring universities will make visit days to allow you to have a look around. Alternatively you could try Leeds or Sheffield if you want busier and bigger cities.

Yeahh, i’m from London so thats what i’m used to. Thank you very much!!
Yeahh, i’m from London so thats what i’m used to. Thank you very much!!

In that case look at Bristol or Cardiff. Both are city universities within 2 hours of London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending