quickquestion805
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently started learning python since i want to complete a few projects to write on my personal statement (applying to cs). the problem is, once i've learnt the basics of python, i'm unsure how to go about deciding what kind of projects i want to make. also, being a beginner, would i be able to code anything beyond very basic and would this be even worth writing on my ps?
bboyapati9
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's more the point that you are trying to explore CS beyond the curriculum; as long as you're trying to actively explore CS, I think universities will look at any personal projects you complete in a positive light. I'm not sure if you're studying A Level Computer Science, but have a go at coding some of the data structures (stacks, queues, linked lists etc.) as this (to my knowledge) plays a core part in CS. If you're up for a challenge, have a look at a basic machine learning project tutorial and see if that tickles your fancy.

Hope this helps.
lilo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
same i was in the same position as you but ultimately I didn't have time so I just mentioned my interests and research into it as well as online courses and workshops etc
quickquestion805
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by bboyapati9)
I think it's more the point that you are trying to explore CS beyond the curriculum; as long as you're trying to actively explore CS, I think universities will look at any personal projects you complete in a positive light. I'm not sure if you're studying A Level Computer Science, but have a go at coding some of the data structures (stacks, queues, linked lists etc.) as this (to my knowledge) plays a core part in CS. If you're up for a challenge, have a look at a basic machine learning project tutorial and see if that tickles your fancy.

Hope this helps.
I see, I'll give it a shot. Thanks a lot for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (123)
62.12%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.88%

Watched Threads