Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Idgi, when you talk on a dating app and ask all the questions, wtf are you gonna ask on a first date If you’ve said everything already
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Idgi, when you talk on a dating app and ask all the questions, wtf are you gonna ask on a first date If you’ve said everything already
You can't have said everything ever! Surely something will come up when you're out on a date.

If you run out of things to say so early, how on earth are you going to be able to sustain a relationship with them?
SchmuckOff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Talk about the weather :stupid:
Moonlight rain
(Original post by ecolier)
You can't have said everything ever! Surely something will come up when you're out on a date.

If you run out of things to say so early, how on earth are you going to be able to sustain a relationship with them?
but what if you’re an awkward and anxious person who’s never dated before
Moonlight rain
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Talk about the weather :stupid:
How boring is that
SchmuckOff
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How boring is that
I know right

When I run out of things to say , I just start waffling about their looks and clothes
Moonlight rain
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
I know right

When I run out of things to say , I just start waffling about their looks and clothes
Hmm, what kinda questions do you ask anyway when you’re looking a serious relationship?

Also what do you do when ur name is shush
Bexjw
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dating apps don’t tend to work well in lockdown (or in general) for that reason. Communication can die out quite quickly. However, it usually works best to get to know someone, see if they’re at least comparable/ likeable and then go from there. You don’t want to spend weeks speaking on an app before meeting.

The less time spent talking on apps the better. There’s usually better chemistry in person.
SchmuckOff
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmm, what kinda questions do you ask anyway when you’re looking a serious relationship?

Also what do you do when ur name is shush
Aight boom.
Serious relationships ? Joke man

I can't help with that

:aetsch:
Moonlight rain
But what if someone has really bad social anxiety and dating app is the only place they can find someone?

(Original post by Bexjw)
Dating apps don’t tend to work well in lockdown (or in general) for that reason. Communication can die out quite quickly. However, it usually works best to get to know someone, see if they’re at least comparable/ likeable and then go from there. You don’t want to spend weeks speaking on an app before meeting.

The less time spent talking on apps the better. There’s usually better chemistry in person.
Well how long do you talk before meeting
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You get all the awkward ice break questions out the way. Now it should be like meeting up with a friend, and just enjoying each others company.
Bexjw
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well how long do you talk before meeting
There’s no hard set rule. It should be when both feel comfortable. I’ve had someone match and that night we’ve been for a drink.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Current relationship I talked to the guy for about a week before a date and we barely messaged (was quite shocked when he asked me out tbf).
Moonlight rain
(Original post by Anonymous)
Current relationship I talked to the guy for about a week before a date and we barely messaged (was quite shocked when he asked me out tbf).
He’s your bf now?

(Original post by Bexjw)
There’s no hard set rule. It should be when both feel comfortable. I’ve had someone match and that night we’ve been for a drink.
What questions do you ask?? I’m sure it gets really awkward
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
He’s your bf now?
Yeah (very recent and new though). We just seemed to click.
Moonlight rain
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah (very recent and new though). We just seemed to click.
what questions did you ask?? To get to know him?
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No way u have talked bout "everything."

But if ur gonna msg talk about TSR and the insane, perverse and weird ppl who inhabit it! LOL!
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's a date, not an interrogation! You don't go in with a list of questions. Conversation should be spontaneous and interesting and fun. It's also how you treat each other and other people that is telling, and you can learn a lot from the non-verbal stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.97%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (122)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.29%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.07%

Watched Threads