Ageorge01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I am planning to submit my UCAS application for computer science next week. My A Level predictions are:
Maths - A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
AS Further Maths ( in year 13 ) - predicted A

My university choices are:
Bristol(A*AA) Meng
Bath(A*AA) Mcomp
Southampton(A*AA) Meng
KCL (AAA) Bsc
Loughborough (AAB) Bsc

1) Are these too risky choices?
2) Is Meng/Mcomp harder to get into despite the grades being the same for Bristol, Bath and Southampton as I am considering being safer with Bsc there?
3) Is Meng/Mcomp worth it in comparison to Bsc for computer science?
natily
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I've already applied for Computer Science and I think those are great choices.

1) For your predicted grades, these are perfect choices! It's good that you have some lower offer unis for your insurance.

2) It depends on the University I think. Obviously, they want someone more dedicated to the field, as it is a longer course, just make sure your personal statement shows how much you love it!

3) It makes it easier to become chartered with the BCS, so personally I think it's worth it. It's only one more year, but if you did a Bachelor's and Master's separately, it would be two more years.
Afrrcyn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by natily)
Hi! I've already applied for Computer Science and I think those are great choices.

1) For your predicted grades, these are perfect choices! It's good that you have some lower offer unis for your insurance.

2) It depends on the University I think. Obviously, they want someone more dedicated to the field, as it is a longer course, just make sure your personal statement shows how much you love it!

3) It makes it easier to become chartered with the BCS, so personally I think it's worth it. It's only one more year, but if you did a Bachelor's and Master's separately, it would be two more years.
What do you mean it would take an extra 2 years to do Bsc then Meng? Thought Most Uni allowed you to apply for Meng during your Bsc if your Grades are high enough?
natily
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I meant that if you do your Bachelor's at one uni and you apply somewhere to do a Master's, that course would be 2 years meaning it's longer than doing an Integrated Masters. I don't know if unis will let you extend your degree if you only applied to Bachelor's, you will have to contact them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads