w678
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Currently on placement and there's another 5 trainees from my dept (maths). One in particular is REALLY vocal.
Its like she wants to be best friends with the teachers and staff and just everyone. Im way more reserved but forcing myself out my shell by asking other teachers if I can observe their lessons and sit in and take notes if theres a gap in the day.

Ive stayed all the way until the end just observing other departments and forcing myself to do things because, well its important that I do. But this other girl in the placement group, butts into conversation, she has to make a remark on everything, like one teacher had a fall and she asked about detail..odd

I genuinely dont know if i should be being alot more talkative or more active and getting to know teachers THAT personally etc? What do I do? Is it me thats wrong?
ashyk001a
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Theres one or more like that vocal girl wherever you go, just be yourself. If you can see her for what she is then so can others. I find people like that are deflecting a lacking in their own self esteem.
obstruct
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by w678)
Currently on placement and there's another 5 trainees from my dept (maths). One in particular is REALLY vocal.
Its like she wants to be best friends with the teachers and staff and just everyone. Im way more reserved but forcing myself out my shell by asking other teachers if I can observe their lessons and sit in and take notes if theres a gap in the day.

Ive stayed all the way until the end just observing other departments and forcing myself to do things because, well its important that I do. But this other girl in the placement group, butts into conversation, she has to make a remark on everything, like one teacher had a fall and she asked about detail..odd

I genuinely dont know if i should be being alot more talkative or more active and getting to know teachers THAT personally etc? What do I do? Is it me thats wrong?
it is really tough and for this reason partnered placements can be soo challenging!

do you have any other placements in your course that is independent?

don't worry too much, you are in your group and everyone has different personalities. same with the teachers you're working with - they too have different personalities which doesn't mean they'll necessarily love your friend more

just do what you've got to do, make positive relationships and go home - and remember if it gets too tough on the placement just keep telling yourself that it isn't your permanent job and it's temporary!
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
I would not worry at all. The most important is to be yourself- everyone is different and I am sure your colleagues appreciate that so do what you are comfortable with- it sounds like you have built positive relationships and are professional at all times with colleagues. They will appreciate it!
Laure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (40)
18.1%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (84)
38.01%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.12%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed