INeedHelp543
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i'm in year 10 and i- they really said =u have a mock= but said theyre not gonna give us a checklist- likeeeeee does anyone know how to revise for maths bc i fr know nothing- like im ready to move down - pls help me- like how do i do past papers when i dont know how to do the things on the past paper
YGSK
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go on maths genie. Practice to the topics u really don’t know how to do. They have exam questions by topic. Good luck!
sundayblues
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
download the past papers from the past couple years and memorise the answers
Alice.gates
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by INeedHelp543)
So i'm in year 10 and i- they really said =u have a mock= but said theyre not gonna give us a checklist- likeeeeee does anyone know how to revise for maths bc i fr know nothing- like im ready to move down - pls help me- like how do i do past papers when i dont know how to do the things on the past paper
-Lean the equations by writing them on flashcards
-Corbett maths :
Their flashcards are really good and come with qr codes for worksheets & answers)
Do the 5-a-day questions each day
On the website they have videos, practice questions , textbook exercises and answers
-Past paper questions, print off past papers and fill them in in pencil so that you can rub it out and redo questions. Look at the mark schemes to see how marks are given
-Look for a checklist online ( they’re quite easy to find if you know what exam board and level ( foundation or higher))
- For challenging algebra that you need help with use photo maths as it’ll give you step by step what to do
-Primrose kitten! She’s made YouTube videos on the whole of GCSE maths
- CGP textbook and workbook

During your mock
-Keep an eye on the time
- The amount of marks each question is worth is roughly how long you should spend on it
- Make sure you read each question 2/3 times before answering to prevent silly mistakes
- If you don’t know what to do for a question put a * next to it and move on so that it’s easier to find the questions you haven’t answered yet
- Make sure you attempt all the questions, even if you don’t get the right answer you can pick up a lot of marks for your working out
- When using a calculator write down what you’re typing into the calculator incase of a typo or something
- Re-set your calculator just before the exam ( make sure you know how to do this for your specific calculator)
- Give yourself 5-10 at the end to recheck all your answers and workings, re type things into the calculator etc

I hope this has helped you , even thought I didn't actually take my GCSEs this year I was given an 8 and I believe all of this helped me... I’m now studying a level maths
Last edited by Alice.gates; 1 month ago
INeedHelp543
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Alice.gates)
-Lean the equations by writing them on flashcards
-Corbett maths :
Their flashcards are really good and come with qr codes for worksheets & answers)
Do the 5-a-day questions each day
On the website they have videos, practice questions , textbook exercises and answers
-Past paper questions, print off past papers and fill them in in pencil so that you can rub it out and redo questions. Look at the mark schemes to see how marks are given
-Look for a checklist online ( they’re quite easy to find if you know what exam board and level ( foundation or higher))
- For challenging algebra that you need help with use photo maths as it’ll give you step by step what to do
-Primrose kitten! She’s made YouTube videos on the whole of GCSE maths
- CGP textbook and workbook

During your mock
-Keep an eye on the time
- The amount of marks each question is worth is roughly how long you should spend on it
- Make sure you read each question 2/3 times before answering to prevent silly mistakes
- If you don’t know what to do for a question put a * next to it and move on so that it’s easier to find the questions you haven’t answered yet
- Make sure you attempt all the questions, even if you don’t get the right answer you can pick up a lot of marks for your working out
- When using a calculator write down what you’re typing into the calculator incase of a typo or something
- Re-set your calculator just before the exam ( make sure you know how to do this for your specific calculator)
- Give yourself 5-10 at the end to recheck all your answers and workings, re type things into the calculator etc

I hope this has helped you , even thought I didn't actually take my GCSEs this year I was given an 8 and I believe all of this helped me... I’m now studying a level maths
broooo thank you so much- like ive been using the revision techniques and theyre workinggg thankss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (309)
55.78%
I don't have everything I need (245)
44.22%

Watched Threads