Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I failed my gcses in school and I retook them but failed them again so I don't think gcses are for me. I only did maths and English but failed them both, I got the equivalent to an F in both and I failed in school with U grades which isn't even graded. I think im going to just give up with gcses now, this is it now because im done with trying and Im over 18 so don't even need to be in education legally. We can't afford a tutor or anything like that.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You could retake them again and see if you pass them? :dontknow:

If not, then I would suggest you take an apprenticeship.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Or start working
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Or start working
Yes that what I was thinking but where?
Anonymous #1
You could retake them again and see if you pass them? :dontknow:

If not, then I would suggest you take an apprenticeship.
Yes good idea mate
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yes that was what I was thinking but where?
You could start working in many places e.g in the hospitality and catering sector, retail, businesses etc

I would do an apprenticeship if I was in your place, as not only do you get paid for it, but you also get the skills and experience that are required for the job.

Hope this helped xx
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
you sound intelligent in how you write so I find it surprising. Are you dyslexic or do you have ADHD or some other condition that could be behind the difficulty with the exams? could you seek some kind of help with the root of the issue if you have certain needs?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd deffo look into apprenticeships
jae jae
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Or start working
You can’t work without your maths or English GCSEs
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jae jae)
You can’t work without your maths or English GCSEs
is that a fact or are you guessing? where are you getting that information from? doesn't it depend on what kind of work you want?
jae jae
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is that a fact or are you guessing? where are you getting that information from? doesn't it depend on what kind of work you want?
Every job requires maths and English e.g McDonald’s you need maths for calculating change and you need English to communicate with your colleagues/manager and customers.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jae jae)
Every job requires maths and English e.g McDonald’s you need maths for calculating change and you need English to communicate with your colleagues/manager and customers.
it requires some knowledge of maths and english but not sure it requires a gcse? (i dont know but i dont think it's essential?) They'll be able to tell if you speak english in an interview and they'll be able to see if you can work the till pretty quickly without having you sit a maths gcse.
brokestudent3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
access to HE courses?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads