pr004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I started A levels in September and have been doing them for a few months, they’re taking a big impact on my mental health and college/uni isn’t the career path i want to follow. I’m moving town in 6 months and i’m wondering is there anyway to take a year away from college?
Last edited by pr004; 1 month ago
Mohamed Idris
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm pretty sure you're legally required to be in full time education until you're 18.
Also if you drop out you can't really start a course until next year so the only thing that will happen is your friends will be in university enjoying life whilst you're doing another year of education, and trust me you don't want to be in a class with people younger than you :/

what courses are you doing?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pr004)
I started A levels in September and have been doing them for a few months, they’re taking a big impact on my mental health and college/uni isn’t the career path i want to follow. I’m moving town in 6 months and i’m wondering is there anyway to take a year away from college?
You have to be in some form of education until you are 18.
Stick it out for this school year, but apply for other college courses/apprenticeships/whatever it is you want to do to start in September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads