Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
These are my predictions:
CS (B)
Maths (B)
History (B)
Welsh Bacc (C)

My current plan is to apply to 2 universities around ABB, 2 around BBB, and a safety choice. I'm set on applying for Swansea and Aberystwyth, but I'm unsure about where else to apply:
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SirGolden)
These are my predictions:
CS (B)
Maths (B)
History (B)
Welsh Bacc (C)

My current plan is to apply to 2 universities around ABB, 2 around BBB, and a safety choice. I'm set on applying for Swansea and Aberystwyth, but I'm unsure about where else to apply:
Possibly Cardiff, Reading and either University of South Wales or University of Wales Trinity St Davids as a safety choice although I suspect Swansea and Aber will make you offers. Another safety option might be University of West of England in Bristol. I assume you are looking at universities close to or easy to get to from South Wales. Cardiff, Swansea, Aber, Reading and one of the others seems good choices.
SirGolden
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Possibly Cardiff, Reading and either University of South Wales or University of Wales Trinity St Davids as a safety choice although I suspect Swansea and Aber will make you offers. Another safety option might be University of West of England in Bristol. I assume you are looking at universities close to or easy to get to from South Wales. Cardiff, Swansea, Aber, Reading and one of the others seems good choices.
Thank you for the response. Also, thanks for recommending Cardiff. The entry requirements are ABB-BBB, even though I remembered them being AAB. I'll consider that.

I've considered UWE, mainly because of its cybersecurity reputation. However, I'll probably go with somewhere else as the Aber requirements are lower
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SirGolden)
Thank you for the response. Also, thanks for recommending Cardiff. The entry requirements are ABB-BBB, even though I remembered them being AAB. I'll consider that.

I've considered UWE, mainly because of its cybersecurity reputation. However, I'll probably go with somewhere else as the Aber requirements are lower
What are you looking at. Does it need to be in or close to South Wales. if not how far do you want to travel and what kind of university do you want campus or city, big or small place. Swansea, Cardiff, Aber, Reading would be fine. If you are looking further give me what you want and I might be able to suggest. Both Swansea and Aber tend to be flexible with grades although that cannot be guaranteed. Bristol, Exeter and Bath are good but I suspect you wont meet their grades. Lancaster is lovely but a long way North.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads