Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did my access course online and I don’t have a job so who could give my reference
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"There is actually an option to not include a reference, but only if you contact all your chosen universities and colleges and they agree that you don’t need one. Just confirm this on the reference page of your application."

I found this when I searched this. I hope someone who actually knows can either back this up or give you another option

999tigger I believe might be able to help or might know who to tag (sorry if I have the wrong person)
Moonlight rain
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
"There is actually an option to not include a reference, but only if you contact all your chosen universities and colleges and they agree that you don’t need one. Just confirm this on the reference page of your application."

I found this when I searched this. I hope someone who actually knows can either back this up or give you another option

999tigger I believe might be able to help or might know who to tag (sorry if I have the wrong person)
Thanks I hope so.
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Thanks I hope so.
Yes me too. If you know anyone who might know answers to this sort of them you can tag them in here to see?
Moonlight rain
Yes me too. If you know anyone who might know answers to this sort of them you can tag them in here to see?
I would’ve tagged tigger too lool
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would’ve tagged tigger too lool
Tigger will reply :yep: If not, I'll do some more searching.
Moonlight rain
Tigger will reply :yep: If not, I'll do some more searching.
It’s ok no worries
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago

Yes you can make an application without a reference, but in most cases it will put you at a severe disadvantage and I strongly advise a referee is found. I would not apply without one. The referee is also the person who does the predicted grades.

Once a person has left school, then the old school may still supply a reference or if not then you have to move to other independent adults.

As an individual.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...uate-reference
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/s...ature-students
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you find someone for the reference then, like your old school?
Moonlight rain
Did you find someone for the reference then, like your old school?
My college where I did my access course have said they could do it
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My college where I did my access course have said they could do it
Awesome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
23.74%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
43.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (21)
15.11%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.88%

Watched Threads