ChloeSky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im hopefully going to university in a couple years time. I dont know anything about what form of accommodation is best for while at uni.
Is renting a 1 bedroom flat cheapest and ok for a social life? I don't know a thing about student halls or student shared houses but would like to know. I am open to any option for accommodation but would like to make an informed decision.
Please can you list for me the pros and cons of each type of accommodation, and any recommendations?
Last edited by ChloeSky; 1 month ago
psdc3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rent a 1 bed flat if you want to have 0 friends, go into halls like the overwhelming majority of people in your position if you want to make friends. You’re welcome.
anaindiemood
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I agree with the person above....you’ll meet a lot of people in student halls so if you want to fully immerse yourself in the university experience I’d definitely recommend university halls! Living in a one person flat would be very lonely as a fresher...
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChloeSky)
Im hopefully going to university in a couple years time. I dont know anything about what form of accommodation is best for while at uni.
Renting a 1 bedroom flat seems like an option im open to, but I don't know a thing about student halls or student shared houses. I am open to any option for accommodation but would like to make an informed decision.
Please can you list for me the pros and cons of each type of accommodation, and any recommendations?
Hey ChloeSky!

I'd recommend living in student halls - this is where most first years at uni live and its a great way to make friends
In halls you can either have an en-suite or share a bathroom with others (sharing is often cheaper)
Halls are also usually in a great location, close to the university so you won't have to travel far to get into uni!

Most people then choose to live in a student house with friends for second and third year as this is cheaper than halls

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.51%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.7%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
41.22%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (22)
14.86%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.7%

Watched Threads