luizasmith230
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys! I really need help on how to organise my maths folder as I'm not too sure what to put where. I'm not really liking my current system either. Do any year 12's /year 13's have a specific way they've organised classwork, homework and tests. So far I have almost completed AS pure and i would say my folder is about half full. I could separate into topics but there's just so many in maths
Claydo66
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by luizasmith230)
Hey guys! I really need help on how to organise my maths folder as I'm not too sure what to put where. I'm not really liking my current system either. Do any year 12's /year 13's have a specific way they've organised classwork, homework and tests. So far I have almost completed AS pure and i would say my folder is about half full. I could separate into topics but there's just so many in maths
I have one folder full of mechanics and stats and another folder all pure content. I make brief notes on key principles and formulae and file them in order given in the textbooks I use. I use file dividers to split into subsections (e.g AS differentiation is one subsection) at the end of each subsection is a plastic wallet containing any past papers or tests I’ve done on that topic. All our practice and class work is done in squared exercise books which I keep in a separate file organiser. One small one for taking notes per unit and one big one for doing questions.
Alice.gates
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For classwork we have exercise books ( 1 stats, 1 mechanics, 1 core)
Homework is set on google classroom for us so I complete mine on my iPad with the Apple Pencil
Tests: I have a folder

I really recommend using an iPad and pencil , for all 3 of my subjects I have all my notes written up on GoodNotes with separarte folders for topics and the spec. When doing extra work at home I can just download questions from online and open them in GoodNotes. I find this practical for me as I always have everything on me at college
luizasmith230
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Currently, I have just split up my folder into classwork for each teacher and a plastic sticky tab separating topics (not the most practical) then I divide my assessments, homework and revision. I don't think this method is practical for me tho? I would use an iPad but I really do like writing with pen and paper and it'll be better practising for any exams.
Alice.gates
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Currently, I have just split up my folder into classwork for each teacher and a plastic sticky tab separating topics (not the most practical) then I divide my assessments, homework and revision. I don't think this method is practical for me tho? I would use an iPad but I really do like writing with pen and paper and it'll be better practising for any exams.
I write on pen and paper in class, I have a screen protector on my iPad that makes it feel and sound like you’re writing on paper.
Maybe you could get some subject dividers for your folder?
For your old assessments maybe you could find the questions you got wrong and create a document with them to put in your folder and then leave your assessments at home because is there any point in carrying around questions that you’ve got correct and you know how to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads