Worrying about being harsh on someone because they didn’t do uni work

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It’s kind of playing on my mind with an email I sent regarding something.

We had to do presentations the other day and not everyone turned up and one person didn’t do the work.

So we do our presentation and we didn’t get to fully talk about our other points and we went over the limit.

Our lecturer and other teacher asked us to email them because it seemed as if we done the work but not everyone participated.

So we talked about it in our gc and one boy messaged me asking if it was okay to send this email to the teachers, where we mentioned that ... didn’t participate.

So presentations are still being presented when one group touched on online learning being difficult and etc. To which I thought of more points and sent it to the boy.

He already sent it and said my points were good because we didn’t mention some stuff.

My email was long but I addressed feeling overwhelmed that I had to 3 slides and it wasn’t fair that I was doing other peoples work. That people would read and ignore and I didn’t want to force them to participate.

I also went on to talk about this one person who didn’t do any work because of ... reasons. I felt as if I may have been harsh because I knew that this person was going through stuff but they chose to actively ignore and not participate without correctly informing the group or teachers.

Everyone in the gc was told by the person that they were having issues etc, I did mention it would have been nice to be made aware that they weren’t going to participate rather than ignore and not reply.

I also went on to apologise about being over the limit and I feel pretty stupid because I feel as if I was harsh and come across as snappy or something.
Anonymous #1
Also this person decided to mention all of this after we completed our presentation not the 4 weeks where they kept opening and ignoring our messages.
Grizwuld
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You did alright.

If anyone has "issues" but is part of a group then they should communicate the situation with the others or at least another.

If someone has "issues" in a work situation and doesn't go to work or performance drops they risk the sack.

Dealing with "issues" and navigating life is all part of living in society and nobody deserves a free pass. Besides which help might be available but cannot be offered if no one knows what's going on.

Just make sure your grades/marks won't be adversely affected. Look after No 1 so you can then help other people.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Grizwuld)
You did alright.

If anyone has "issues" but is part of a group then they should communicate the situation with the others or at least another.

If someone has "issues" in a work situation and doesn't go to work or performance drops they risk the sack.

Dealing with "issues" and navigating life is all part of living in society and nobody deserves a free pass. Besides which help might be available but cannot be offered if no one knows what's going on.

Just make sure your grades/marks won't be adversely affected. Look after No 1 so you can then help other people.
We were all very supportive but after she told us and we helped her she didn’t communicate for 4 weeks! I did email so our grade as a group doesn’t become affected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads