Maths, Physics and Chemistry A levels?

Watch
staria_15
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I'm worried that taking three quite "hard" A level subjects is too overwhelming for me. I'm predicted 9 for chemistry and 8 for physics and maths. Can anyone that takes either of these A-Levels tell me their experience? Thank you.
1st superstar
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
5hyl33n you do these A-levels right? Or am I wrong?
edit: other than maths it seems.
Last edited by 1st superstar; 1 month ago
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by staria_15)
Hi! I'm worried that taking three quite "hard" A level subjects is too overwhelming for me. I'm predicted 9 for chemistry and 8 for physics and maths. Can anyone that takes either of these A-Levels tell me their experience? Thank you.
You look like you deffo have high enough grades at GCSE.
What are you wanting to do after uni?
luizasmith230
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So Im in year 12 taking chem, bio and maths. I would say the my experience with maths so far has been pretty good. The content were covering is mostly harder gcse content and just building on certain topics. As long as you keep on top of you work its great a level! For chemistry, there was quite a big jump but in the first few weeks you begin to settle in. I've heard its harder later on so im not sure about that but i feel like if you consolidate what you learn after lesson you can keep up to date with things more and not fall behind. I've heard plently of good (a few bad) things about physics from my friends. There is quite a big section of maths a level which actually links to physics so that might be interesting for you! Overall i would say as long as you try to keep on top of all your work you can do any a levels you want to do.
Alice.gates
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by staria_15)
I’m a year 12 student studying maths, physics and chemistry
At GCSE I was given 8 Maths, 7 Chemistry, 7 physics

Physics
I found this the hardest at GCSE level however I’m finding it the most interesting now and I’m doing the best out of all 3
It’s very maths based and I don’t think I’ve gone a lesson without using a calculator

Chemistry
Things taught at GCSE are now lies ( well for electronic structure so far), fair to say it’s the subject I’m enjoying the least

Maths
Very challenging and requires a lot of determination. I’m finding core the hardest. The good thing about maths and physics is that in both you study mechanics and the content is the same in both.

The step up from GCSE is much bigger than you think ( I’m not trying to scare you) and you’ll need to be prepared to not be doing your best at the start ( I’ve been told you start to improve after Christmas so that’s what I’m hoping).

At the start of the year I found it quite overwhelming but once you get into a routine you’ll be absolutely fine. You just need to have the determination and dedication to spend a lot of time studying. Make sure that you have a goal that you’re working towards ( for example I’m hoping to study mechanical engineering at uni) and when you’re struggling try to calm yourself down and remember that all your hard work will pay off in the end.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads