Should i stay or should i go

Watch
agirlcalledtheo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i’ve been staying in uni accommodation for the past 2 months and honestly have not had the best experience. I hadn’t made any friends, i was finding the course really hard and found it really difficult to have a regular food and sleep schedule i would just sleep all day. I hadn’t went home once and So after crying on the phone for the past two months to my parents about wanting to go home. I decided to finish the semester at home. I feel so much better now that i’m here. The work is easier and i’m feeling better mentally, but now i’ve got fomo and want to go back and give it another shot. Like i think i could do so much better now that i’ve got a clear head. Do you think its worth going back now with only a few weeks before term ends anyways or should i just stay home till January?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I would personally go back next term as people will be leaving in a couple of weeks and it will be easier to have a fresh mindset going into the new year where the social aspect side of things will pick up now with covid hopefully getting better!
Mohamed Idris
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by agirlcalledtheo)
So i’ve been staying in uni accommodation for the past 2 months and honestly have not had the best experience. I hadn’t made any friends, i was finding the course really hard and found it really difficult to have a regular food and sleep schedule i would just sleep all day. I hadn’t went home once and So after crying on the phone for the past two months to my parents about wanting to go home. I decided to finish the semester at home. I feel so much better now that i’m here. The work is easier and i’m feeling better mentally, but now i’ve got fomo and want to go back and give it another shot. Like i think i could do so much better now that i’ve got a clear head. Do you think its worth going back now with only a few weeks before term ends anyways or should i just stay home till January?
Well I'm doing A-Levels still so I don't think I have much say but, Is there any point going and spending money on rent when all you're doing in accommodation is online classes? if you're feeling better at home think it's just better to continue at home.
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mohamed Idris)
Well I'm doing A-Levels still so I don't think I have much say but, Is there any point going and spending money on rent when all you're doing in accommodation is online classes? if you're feeling better at home think it's just better to continue at home.
Well i still have a room at uni, and am currently paying. I do plan on going back in January. Its just weather i want to go back for the next few weeks
Mohamed Idris
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well i still have a room at uni, and am currently paying. I do plan on going back in January. Its just weather i want to go back for the next few weeks
To be honest if your mental health and grades are good does anything else really matter?
lucy295
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say to go back as I think you want to and Christmas is a good time for making friendships with people. As you have said you are paying rent so I'd say go for it otherwise you might regret it!
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
To be honest if your mental health and grades are good does anything else really matter?
I think it always goes back to the social aspect of things. I feel safe at home, but at the same time now that i’ve been away i just feel bored. And at uni, it’s exciting, but its also really overwhelming and I can’t guarantee that if i go back things will be better this time.
Mohamed Idris
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it always goes back to the social aspect of things. I feel safe at home, but at the same time now that i’ve been away i just feel bored. And at uni, it’s exciting, but its also really overwhelming and I can’t guarantee that if i go back things will be better this time.
To be honest, it’s not like anyone at your campus it out to kill you. If you’re already paying I say just go, if anything bad happens you can always come back. Just remember you’re the one paying for Uni and your accommodation so it’s up to you.
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
To be honest, it’s not like anyone at your campus it out to kill you. If you’re already paying I say just go, if anything bad happens you can always come back. Just remember you’re the one paying for Uni and your accommodation so it’s up to you.
That a very comforting thought that no one is trying to kill me. I will keep that in mind and add it to my pros list.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Been here before. Going back just forces you into the same cycle. It's easy to think idealistically and be optimistic when your mind has cleared up but more often than not if it didn't go well the first time, it won't go well the second or else it would have gone well initially. The most I would recommend is travelling every so often but honestly a second wave of the awful experience will be worse (if you're adamant on making it different this time). Vibe at your parents for now and bask in the comfiness because life really doesn't get better than now. You're gonna have to move out eventually and be exposed to that lifestyle management, so make the most of it while u can.
Mohamed Idris
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That a very comforting thought that no one is trying to kill me. I will keep that in mind and add it to my pros list.
I’m glad I could help 😂
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Been here before. Going back just forces you into the same cycle. It's easy to think idealistically and be optimistic when your mind has cleared up but more often than not if it didn't go well the first time, it won't go well the second or else it would have gone well initially. The most I would recommend is travelling every so often but honestly a second wave of the awful experience will be worse (if you're adamant on making it different this time). Vibe at your parents for now and bask in the comfiness because life really doesn't get better than now. You're gonna have to move out eventually and be exposed to that lifestyle management, so make the most of it while u can.
Well that’s good to know right now. But now i’m just going to overthink that next January nothing will change. And i have to say if i’m not happy when i’m there and i’m not happy when i’m there. Then maybe where i am isn’t the problem.
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
I have to say to everyone that i’m getting very conflicting responses and still don’t know what to do. Lol.
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
UPDATE: well it looks like i just bought a ticket back. I’ll tell you if i end up regretting it
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
Overall, made a really good decision. Thanks guys
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Darlin' you got to let me know...
Spoiler:
Show
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rufus the red)
Darlin' you got to let me know...
Spoiler:
Show
Let you know what exactly?
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let you know what exactly?
I'm just quoting the song in the spoiler.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (19)
14.29%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (32)
24.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
43.61%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.04%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.01%

Watched Threads