The Student Room Group

Pay mistake?

I have just been paid by work and by my calculations it is extremely under what I should have recieved for the month - about 40% below. What do I do? Is this a common issue? Have I just calculated it wrong(which seems unlikely to me being such a big difference in pay)
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Maybe you earned over 12,500 and had to pay tax?
Original post by ellawhite3006
I have just been paid by John Lewis / workday and by my calculations it is extremely under what I should have recieved for the month - about 40% below. What do I do? Is this a common issue? Have I just calculated it wrong(which seems unlikely to me being such a big difference in pay)

What is your tax code? Is this your first paycheck?
Is this your first pay check?
this is my first pay check. I dont own over 12500 and havent been taxed anything.
How much hours do you work a week? all you need to do to go over the tax bracket is earn more than £1041 in the month. Sorry if its nothing to do with tax, maybe try contact the manager?
this is my first pay check. I dont own over 12500 and havent been taxed anything.

When did you start working there?
Are you hourly paid?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mohamed Idris
How much hours do you work a week? all you need to do to go over the tax bracket is earn more than £1041 in the month. Sorry if its nothing to do with tax, maybe try contact the manager?

16 hours a week, i should get around £600 but have only been paid 350
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by GabiAbi84
When did you start working there?
Are you hourly paid?

24th october and yeah
16 hours a week, i should get around £582 but have only been paid £356

Yeah that's definitely some sort of sheg. Even if you earn £6 an hour you should be getting paid more than that in a month.

Maybe try contact the manager?
Yeah that's definitely some sort of sheg. Even if you earn £6 an hour you should be getting paid more than that in a month.

Maybe try contact the manager?

ive emailed the payroll but every time ive emailed them they either dont reply or take about two weeks. my manager cant do anything as it is all through workday/head office in london, im just confused but thankyou
(edited 3 years ago)
24th october and yeah

It *could* be due to when the payroll cut off is for the company for monthly pay and you would get paid the rest next month.
Does it have pay dates on your pay check or is it just “November”?
It *could* be due to when the payroll cut off is for the company for monthly pay and you would get paid the rest next month.
Does it have pay dates on your pay check or is it just “November”?

1st - 30 Nov it says my pay period is
Maybe you were just paid for the work you did from the 1st of November until 24th (when you were paid)?
Maybe you were just paid for the work you did from the 1st of November until 24th (when you were paid)?

that would still be more than I have recieved
also am i allowed to discuss my pay on the internet? i dont see why not but just a precaution
1st - 30 Nov it says my pay period is

Does it have a breakdown of hours?

What’s your hourly pay?

Most companies have a cut off mid month (between the 12-19th usually) where they stop the pay roll so even though you get paid “november” you actually are getting paid 15th Oct-15th Nov sort of thing.
But they should have told you about that when you got your contract etc.
also am i allowed to discuss my pay on the internet? i dont see why not but just a precaution

Yup, as long as you don’t give out your employee details etc it’s fine.

Unless you actually work for the CIA 😉
Does it have a breakdown of hours?

What’s your hourly pay?

Most companies have a cut off mid month (between the 12-19th usually) where they stop the pay roll so even though you get paid “november” you actually are getting paid 15th Oct-15th Nov sort of thing.
But they should have told you about that when you got your contract etc.

no it doesnt and £9 ish, i have calculated it and its my pay up until 14th Nov so you may be correct! Thankyou, stress over now i just feel stupid ive emailed them if that is the case
no it doesnt and £9 ish, i have calculated it and its my pay up until 14th Nov so you may be correct! Thankyou, stress over now i just feel stupid ive emailed them if that is the case

Wow, £9 an hour? how old are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending