Want more information about this university?
thereseb1230
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everybody,
Just wondering if anybody who applied for the PGCE primary course in Hope has had there interview yet? Mine is on thursday and im so nervous, i planned to keep my study notes beside me to calm my nerves but just wondering do they make you do a full 360 view of the room before the interview commences to make sure you have no study aid to assist you?
Also any ideas on questions they are going to ask? Im so nervous!

Any help is appreciated
Last edited by thereseb1230; 1 month ago
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thereseb1230)
Hi everybody,
Just wondering if anybody who applied for the PGCE primary course in Hope has had there interview yet? Mine is on thursday and im so nervous, i planned to keep my study notes beside me to calm my nerves but just wondering do they make you do a full 360 view of the room before the interview commences to make sure you have no study aid to assist you?
Also any ideas on questions they are going to ask? Im so nervous!

Any help is appreciated
Hi,

I am in my third year of Primary Teaching at Kingston University. I know it is a different uni to you and is an undergrad course rather than PGCE, but I just thought I would share some questions that were asked at my interview in case they are similar to yours.

I was really nervous when I had my interview and was worrying about the questions as well, but honestly it is just a friendly chat. They just want to get to know you, find out why you want to do teaching and want to make sure the course is suitable for you. So, the questions I was asked were: "Why do you want to do teaching?", "Have you had any experience in schools before?", "What is your favourite subject and why?". Similar questions to what you would be asked at any other interview, but relating it more to Primary teaching. But, as I said, most of it was a friendly chat.

I wouldn't worry about them doing a 360 view of the room or making sure you don't have study aids, as I don't think it will be that strict or serious - mine wasn't anyway. But my only advice would be to be yourself and get your personality across as they just want to get to know you, and also just make sure you show them how much you want to do teaching as that is obviously what you will be studying. Other than that, I would try to relax as it will honestly be so much more chilled than you think.

I hope the interview goes well. Good luck.

thereseb1230
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks so much that was so helpful!
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're welcome, I hope it goes well!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

We hope your interview went well! Feel free to drop us a message/email if you have any more questions!

Mia
kattinks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi hope you're interview went well? How was it via zoom? Do you know how long it is before you hear? Hope you have good news if it is before Christmas 🎄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (74)
64.35%
I don't have everything I need (41)
35.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise