The Student Room Group

AQA English Language

Does anyone know how to answer question 3 on paper 2, the language discourses one? I'm really lost and any help would be great!
ummm thats about structure not language, im sure
Original post by SHADOW_SCRIPT
ummm thats about structure not language, im sure

the question I have is... I'm pretty sure its like a comparison but I'm so lost :smile:
Reply 3
Compare the texts' genre, audience, purpose and context. Write at least one paragraph comparing each of the main elements of linguistic analysis: the text producer(s), the text receiver(s) and the text subject(s). Focus on the language levels in every comparison. This should help you access the higher levels in the mark scheme.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tolgash
Compare the texts' genre, audience, purpose and context. Write at least one paragraph comparing each of the main elements of linguistic analysis: the text producer(s), the text receiver(s) and the text subject(s). Focus on the language levels in every comparison. This should help you access the higher levels in the mark scheme.

thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by katieireland1
thank you so much! :smile:

It's okay!

I also forgot to mention that you may, of you have time, also want to look at audience positioning.

Finally, don't see this as a forty-mark question. Look at this question as one worth ten marks for AO1 and fifteen for both AO3 and AO4.
Does anyone has the 2019 papers?
Original post by Wholewheatbread

If they aren't on the AQA website yet (I'm pretty sure they arent) try looking on Twitter you can usually find them on there, or the English language forum pages.
Reply 8
Original post by Wholewheatbread

I sat parts of them. However, only your teacher can give you them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending