The Student Room Group

(WPH14) IAL Physics Unit 4- 11 January 2021 (Exam discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Äries
The charge is 4.80x10^-19, i.e. three electron charge.

yass me too!
Original post by ilovephysmath
I'm not sure if mine is correct though

why did u introduce de broglie? the question was not on diffraction or investigating the structure of nucleus..
Original post by Ammar Zavahir
I got 0.26.... i think you forgot about the trigonometric ratio (sin43 or cos43)

yes same here
riyadh

I live in the middle east. not UAE but close. what about you?
ay

yass me too

yas mine was correct
what about the relativity question?
why did u introduce de broglie? the question was not on diffraction or investigating the structure of nucleus..

I couldn't think of anything else and I was losing time :frown:
I do remember a similar question and the mark scheme said to use the de broglie's wavelength equation, I'll try to look for it (or maybe that was unit 5, I'm so confused) how many marks was this question?
(edited 3 years ago)
Guys what did you write for the relativity question?
I couldn't think of anything else and I was losing time :frown:
I do remember a similar question and the mark scheme said to use the de broglie's wavelength equation, I'll try to look for it (or maybe that was unit 5, I'm so confused) how many marks was this question?

i think 5 marks...but you will get marks for working ryt..

I found the time it would take for the muons to reach the bottom and showed that it was more than the average lifetime of a muon. then I discussed time dilation
I found the time it would take for the muons to reach the bottom and showed that it was more than the average lifetime of a muon. then I discussed time dilation

yass me tooo sameee

wha....?
i think 5 marks...but you will get marks for working ryt..

hopefully, yeah
yass me tooo sameee

u know the spec clearly outlines no need to explain about relativity equations but in the paper they asked..XD

The is the last question I attempt to answer.
yass me tooo sameee

all that extra reading helped 😅 the book definitely didn't go into enough detail
who the **** wrote 85-90 marks i barely think i got 60...YwY
u know the spec clearly outlines no need to explain about relativity equations but in the paper they asked..XD

lmao same here

I had no idea what to write....

exactly!!! and that Millikan oil drop experiment too. but in Edexcel's defence we did that in unit 1 so I guess that's fair? because we didn't have to consider upthrust so it was relatively (ha pun intended) simple

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending