lorena12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone know how to write a personal statement for uni(ucas)?. i have tried so many times and evrytime i show it to my teaher, she tell me do either chnage or remove stuff and add more details there and there. i dont have long left before the place is full. please someone help me.
i really want to get it over and done with

thank you
alisha.h
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
there is a rough structure:

1. Why are you applying for your chosen course(s)?
2. Why does this subject interest you? Include evidence that you understand what’s required to study the course, e.g. if applying for psychology courses, show that you know how scientific the subject is.
3. Why do you think you’re suitable for the course(s)? Do you have any particular skills and experience that will help you to succeed on the course(s)?
4. Do your current or previous studies relate to the course(s) that you have chosen? If so, how?
5. Have you taken part in any other activities that demonstrate your interest in the course(s)?

it needs to be more academic than non-academic- you can mention other activities you do, like sports etc., but there needs to be more academic info

hope than helps xx
lorena12
Rep:
?
(Original post by alisha.h)
there is a rough structure:

1. Why are you applying for your chosen course(s)?
2. Why does this subject interest you? Include evidence that you understand what’s required to study the course, e.g. if applying for psychology courses, show that you know how scientific the subject is.
3. Why do you think you’re suitable for the course(s)? Do you have any particular skills and experience that will help you to succeed on the course(s)?
4. Do your current or previous studies relate to the course(s) that you have chosen? If so, how?
5. Have you taken part in any other activities that demonstrate your interest in the course(s)?

it needs to be more academic than non-academic- you can mention other activities you do, like sports etc., but there needs to be more academic info

hope than helps xx
alisha.h, thank you so muhc for the help, i have been recomemedee it by these teachers are still making me make lots and lot of chance ive already lost a place in one of the unis. i need someone who can actually help me write it and help me make changes

thank you xxx
alisha.h
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lorena12)
alisha.h, thank you so muhc for the help, i have been recomemedee it by these teachers are still making me make lots and lot of chance ive already lost a place in one of the unis. i need someone who can actually help me write it and help me make changes

thank you xxx
ok but remember to be careful bc if you post it online it will be flagged for plagarism when ucas checks your personal statement
Last edited by alisha.h; 1 month ago
cryingchild
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
put it on the tsr submitted ps reviews, its a private forum on here but make sure ur not posting it on a regular forum or it could be put up as plagiarism
lorena12
Rep:
?
(Original post by alisha.h)
ok but remember to be careful bc if you post it online it will be flagged for plagarism when ucas checks your personal statement
alright thank you
pippin110
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lorena12)
does anyone know how to write a personal statement for uni(ucas)?. i have tried so many times and evrytime i show it to my teaher, she tell me do either chnage or remove stuff and add more details there and there. i dont have long left before the place is full. please someone help me.
i really want to get it over and done with

thank you
What subject are you applying for?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check out this detailed guidance as a starting point for writing a PS https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6666418
lorena12
Rep:
?
(Original post by pippin110)
What subject are you applying for?
@pippin110, im doingnursing(child nursing)
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's guidance on writing a nursing PS here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5550452
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (126)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
36.97%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (59)
13.14%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.12%

Watched Threads