AiselAlaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m an international student looking to study engineering in either Loughborough or Leeds, as their fees are very similar. I’m absolutely torn between the 2 universities. For starters, I’m Muslim so I don’t care a lot about nightlife, and I personally like the Loughborough campus and the vibes coming from it more that Leeds. While I believe I will achieve high grades anyway, Loughborough requires AAB, while Leeds requires AAA, so it’s a bit less pressure on my part. Loughborough has very high student satisfaction and very good reviews, and from what I’ve seen, their modules are really similar and Loughborough ranks higher on league tables.
But Leeds is a Russel Group university. The accommodation and living expenses in Leeds are also a tad bit more expensive, but I believe I can still pull through. I’ve heard that Loughborough is really good for Engineering, and I’ve heard some not very nice things about Leeds, but I really don’t know if I’m making the wrong choice by going to Loughborough.
Can anyone give me some advice?
djkaye
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look at other things you might want to do, Hobbies you might have etc.
Location to other places you might want to visit.
I think you'd enjoy either university, I've heard some quite positive things about Loughborough back when I was interested in applying for chemical engineering (Now PPE applicant).
AiselAlaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by djkaye)
Look at other things you might want to do, Hobbies you might have etc.
Location to other places you might want to visit.
I think you'd enjoy either university, I've heard some quite positive things about Loughborough back when I was interested in applying for chemical engineering (Now PPE applicant).
Loughborough is really close to Leeds and Manchester and stuff, and as for the uni location itself, I browsed the surroundings and I’m okay with it, so I think the right choice for me is Loughborough, but I’m not sure if Leeds is better academically. What do you think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.43%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.57%

Watched Threads