Imranhakmm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it possible to get an interview/ offer into cambridge with only taking 3 subjects? For context, I’m taking Physics, Math and Further Math. Predicted grades: A*A*A
djkaye
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, of course dependant on the course. Further Maths is a big subject especially for maths, 4 A levels is recommended but Further Maths is a requirement.
Last edited by djkaye; 1 month ago
Imranhakmm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by djkaye)
Yes, of course dependant on the course. Further Maths is a big subject especially for maths, 4 A levels is recommended but Further Maths is a requirement.
Do you think it’s possible to get into cambridge maths course with these grades? I’m worried if there are so many people with 4A* and even if I get 3A* I will get overshadowed. Or, does it rely more on personal statement? What do you think?
djkaye
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Imranhakmm)
Do you think it’s possible to get into cambridge maths course with these grades? I’m worried if there are so many people with 4A* and even if I get 3A* I will get overshadowed. Or, does it rely more on personal statement? What do you think?
It relies a lot on admissions test, personal statement, and interview
typically Cambridge gives more offers than Oxford but at a higher level (more people get offers, but require higher grades).
There are so many factors at play. Of course, another A level would be better but at the same time don't bite off more than you can chew, as
A*A*A* is much better than AABB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (387)
56.58%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.42%

Watched Threads