The Student Room Group

biochemistry or biomedical or chemistry?

which degree do i do? im most interested in the biological side of chemistry, but my fave uni wont let me do it there as they ask for maths a-level as well. i was going to do biomedical science but im worried it's too broad and i wont get a job after, but ive also read that it's the same for biochemistry and chemistry too, so it doesn't really matter which degree i do as i'd need a PhD either way. has anyone got any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by cherrybunny
which degree do i do? im most interested in the biological side of chemistry, but my fave uni wont let me do it there as they ask for maths a-level as well. i was going to do biomedical science but im worried it's too broad and i wont get a job after, but ive also read that it's the same for biochemistry and chemistry too, so it doesn't really matter which degree i do as i'd need a PhD either way. has anyone got any advice?

Hey! So I think it would be wise to find out how much actual biochemistry is covered in their Biomed degree.
In terms of getting a place onto a Chemistry Masters/PhD course, you'd get it with Biomed so I wouldn't worry bout that!
Maybe consider a degree with a placement year so could spend a year with a biochemical company and hopefully, that would be your route into industry!
Sorry I couldn't be of more help:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending