hanna2004
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is there any degrees about research? Eg: research methods such as qualitative or quantitative data or anything similar
SS869
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it would be hard to come across an undergraduate degree that is specifically research methods, you are more likely to find one titled in a subject with research methods

So for example Sociology with research methods etc

Most degrees in subjects like psychology, sociology, biology (and many more) have modules or pathways specific to research methods like this so I'd recommend maybe finding something that you like and are interested in subject wise and then checking out the module choices offered on that course at the universities if that makes sense?

I was similar to you and I ended up studying Medical Sciences with Health Research so the majority of my modules were in qualitative/quant methods etc like you have mentioned

I hope that helps!

(when it comes to masters courses there will be a lot more option to be very specific with what you want to study)
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hanna2004)
Is there any degrees about research? Eg: research methods such as qualitative or quantitative data or anything similar
At my university, there is a MSc degree in Psychological Research Methods, and I'm sure it's not the only one in the UK. Undergraduate courses are less likely to be that specific, but may contain yearly research methods modules if you check the syllabi.
nellybelly29
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For postgraduate research, there's plenty of Social Research Methods/Research Methods courses. Some have additions where you can add quantitative methods or statistics if you want to do both qualitative and quantitative research. But honestly, googling "research methods msc" will get you going, I reckon.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on your subject but yeah I studied MSc Research Methods in Psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (34)
16.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (61)
29.9%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (78)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.75%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.45%

Watched Threads