riamu
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
during an endothermic reaction increasing the concentration of the reactant will make the reaction more endothermic and hence this will decrease the temperature of the reaction mixture but will this also slow down the rate of the reaction?
Last edited by riamu; 1 year ago
scimus63
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I would guess that, there are 2 competing but opposite factors at play here. Increasing the concentration will increase the rate of the reaction. Since the reaction rate is increasing the temperature change should decrease more quickly and so this would imply that the rate should slow down. However I would suggest that the concentration factors will influence rate here and that the rate will increase with concentration.

Would be helpful if you had some rate constants for different temperatures then you could workout the rate for the reaction at various temperatures.

sorry thats the best I can come up with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.39%
Okay (115)
29.19%
A bit lacking (150)
38.07%
Not good at all (92)
23.35%

Watched Threads