should i put on some weight or keep as i am?

Watch
Zixini
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi ..im 16y/o female , 5;3 and i weight around 35.7 kg . if anyone see me they know how thin yet fit i am for my age but people ask me " do your parents feed me?" .
when i was a grade 10 student my female classmates ask me what i eat, what i do and my exercises for im the second student in class at 35 kg.
To be honest i do eat when i sit for my meals . my parents always say that among my other 4 siblings i have the healthiest appetite when i sit for my meal. Although about 4 months ago i only ate 2 or 1 meal everyday and i got gastritis . and i couldn't sleep,eat, relax or study well cause it is always bothering me. So now i eat 2 meals a day and i feel fine although gastrics still happen from time to time. Sure everyone still thinks my parents feed me less but i really don't really bother about those unless my mum comments on me saying i gained some weight. Then i take 2 hours of exercise. I don't really exercise much (1 hour)because i'm really active no matter where i am .
However i still dont know whether i should gain weight or be as i am because i really prefer myself as i am now.
OceanCat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are underweight. Please seek help
Zixini
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
You are underweight. Please seek help
i know im underweight but i havent been able to gain weight even though i eat more.
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zixini)
i know im underweight but i havent been able to gain weight even though i eat more.
Hence why you need help. What tyoes of foods do you eat? You should contact your GP, there are things they can do.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go to your GP, OP. You are underweight.
Zixini
Rep:
?
rice. curry, fruit , vegetable salads , fried fish

(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Hence why you need help. What tyoes of foods do you eat? You should contact your GP, there are things they can do.
well....i just want to gain some weight at least 5 kg...my dietitian says its hormones which keeps me fit and thin and it may take time for me to gain hormones.
what i eat.....rice, curry,fruits, vegetable salad and fried fish is my normal foods i take in.
annabel_39
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
your BMI is unhealthily low, please go to your GP if you’re really struggling to put on weight. there is help
OceanCat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
rice. curry, fruit , vegetable salads , fried fish

well....i just want to gain some weight at least 5 kg...my dietitian says its hormones which keeps me fit and thin and it may take time for me to gain hormones.
what i eat.....rice, curry,fruits, vegetable salad and fried fish is my normal foods i take in.
Have you tried upping your protein intake? You have a dietitian then I suggest you ask him/her what foods you should consume.
There are juices etc I have known GPs to prescribe which have helped. Taste nasty afaik. But worth it.
Zixini
Rep:
?
anyways thanks all.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fit =/= 36kg at 5"3
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m a former anorexic, I was that weight and I was weeks away from a heart attack (told by my doctors. Please seek help immediately!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads