PropheciesDreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone.

I'm from Australia, who is applying for a MA in Medieval Studies at the University of York. They require written work, and the problem is, I don't have anything relevant from my undergraduate degree! (Also, I feel that I can improve on previous undergrad essays).

York requires 2 essays, one related to medieval studies. I have plenty of time to write them, but I'd like someone to review them before I submit my application. No worries, I'm not asking anyone on here to do it for me! But I'm wondering if it's a good idea to hire a UK history tutor to give feedback on my written work and personal statement.

I'm an awful predictator on 'how good my work actually is.' Plus, being an international student, I don't know the nuances in British graduate education.

Is this a good idea? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.
PlumbOnce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PropheciesDreams)
Hey everyone.

I'm from Australia, who is applying for a MA in Medieval Studies at the University of York. They require written work, and the problem is, I don't have anything relevant from my undergraduate degree! (Also, I feel that I can improve on previous undergrad essays).

York requires 2 essays, one related to medieval studies. I have plenty of time to write them, but I'd like someone to review them before I submit my application. No worries, I'm not asking anyone on here to do it for me! But I'm wondering if it's a good idea to hire a UK history tutor to give feedback on my written work and personal statement.

I'm an awful predictator on 'how good my work actually is.' Plus, being an international student, I don't know the nuances in British graduate education.

Is this a good idea? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.
hey bro, hiring someone to review a document + give feedback is what I'd do too, seems like the best thing to do. Hiring the right person might be a struggle. I'm sorry if I'm not helping but my agenda was to ask you what kind of job would you get out of studying this? first thing I'd think of would be a teacher? or some sort of expert you'd see roaming the streets spreading medieval chaos or maybe even a sword maker? Conclusion : I don't know that's why I'm asking you.. thanks
PropheciesDreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! For my career, I want to start a business (teaching history to the general public at libraries, online, etc) and write historical fiction. This Masters degree will help me write a relevant thesis, and if I want to do a P.hd down the road, I can

Thank you for your advice!
PlumbOnce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PropheciesDreams)
Hey! For my career, I want to start a business (teaching history to the general public at libraries, online, etc) and write historical fiction. This Masters degree will help me write a relevant thesis, and if I want to do a P.hd down the road, I can

Thank you for your advice!
oh sounds cool, best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (47)
17.28%
No one else does (86)
31.62%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.29%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (92)
33.82%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.21%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.57%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.21%

Watched Threads