Putting too much pressure on myself

Watch
JellyFox
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I’ve been taking my university work really seriously which is obviously good but I’ve noticed that I’m pushing myself way too hard. I’m forcing myself to do all (or most) of the readings, even if it means doing work from 7am to 10pm with no free time (apart from eating). I’ve completely cut out gaming from my life because I know it can be really distracting but I honestly feel like I get no down time. The only time I’m not doing work is if I’m driving, in the shower or having food. Even when my boyfriend comes over I make him go to another room so I can finish my work.
Obviously, some days I don’t have time to be so strict. Literally if I decide to do ANYTHING out of my routine I am cut back by a good few hours and I will feel really guilty and behind about it all. We recently moved house which obviously set me back a lot and I felt extremely stressed for an entire week because of it. It’s beginning to really bring me down because I have so many other things I need to do outside of university work (visit the doctors, go shopping etc) but I feel that I never have time for it. All of my friends at uni are being so casual saying they’re weeks behind but I know if I had this attitude so would fall behind because I really have to try to do well.

How can I just accept that I’m trying my best? I even know that it’s inevitable that I will do better than last year because I haven’t been able to go out like before, but I just never feel happy with myself or how much I’m doing.
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JellyFox)
Hi guys, I’ve been taking my university work really seriously which is obviously good but I’ve noticed that I’m pushing myself way too hard. I’m forcing myself to do all (or most) of the readings, even if it means doing work from 7am to 10pm with no free time (apart from eating). I’ve completely cut out gaming from my life because I know it can be really distracting but I honestly feel like I get no down time. The only time I’m not doing work is if I’m driving, in the shower or having food. Even when my boyfriend comes over I make him go to another room so I can finish my work.
Obviously, some days I don’t have time to be so strict. Literally if I decide to do ANYTHING out of my routine I am cut back by a good few hours and I will feel really guilty and behind about it all. We recently moved house which obviously set me back a lot and I felt extremely stressed for an entire week because of it. It’s beginning to really bring me down because I have so many other things I need to do outside of university work (visit the doctors, go shopping etc) but I feel that I never have time for it. All of my friends at uni are being so casual saying they’re weeks behind but I know if I had this attitude so would fall behind because I really have to try to do well.

How can I just accept that I’m trying my best? I even know that it’s inevitable that I will do better than last year because I haven’t been able to go out like before, but I just never feel happy with myself or how much I’m doing.
CoolCavy might be the right person to answer this question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (247)
57.31%
I don't have everything I need (184)
42.69%

Watched Threads