Conditional offer to Unconditional offer

Watch
Fastcarnascar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone,

I recieved a conditional offer from one of my choices.

The conditions were to achieve their required grades for my three A Levels and have an IELTS score of 6.0 overall (I have 8.0 already) and lastly to submit a portfolio.

I have had my portfolio reviewed from teachers and others around me, and everyone agreed that the portfolio itself is exceptional.
I wonder if the portfolio submission could possibly change my offer to unconditional by any chance?

Also, I haven't heard anything from the uni itself, UCAS Track is the only place that says I have an offer.

Lastly would it be rude to ask the uni about this?
would appreciate your thoughts
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you got your grades already?
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fastcarnascar)
Hello everyone,

I recieved a conditional offer from one of my choices.

The conditions were to achieve their required grades for my three A Levels and have an IELTS score of 6.0 overall (I have 8.0 already) and lastly to submit a portfolio.

I have had my portfolio reviewed from teachers and others around me, and everyone agreed that the portfolio itself is exceptional.
I wonder if the portfolio submission could possibly change my offer to unconditional by any chance?

Also, I haven't heard anything from the uni itself, UCAS Track is the only place that says I have an offer.

Lastly would it be rude to ask the uni about this?
would appreciate your thoughts
Heyyy. Unconditional offers are only given out to people who have already achieved the grades that the uni wants (already have the qualification). Not every uni offers this. It is absolutely fine to email and ask its not rude, infact its the best thing to do because the unis can give you better advice than anyone else. Although, i dont think they would change offers after theyve issued them. Good luck.
Fastcarnascar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
not yet, im taking exams nxt year
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In that case you dont qualify for an unconditonal offer unfortunately
Butene
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
an unconditional offer isn't any different from a conditional offer besides that the person had already achieved all their requirements before they submitted their application, no university will give you an unconditional if you have to sit exams and it's not something you should be concerned about if you have exams next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads