bobbyk1820
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have applied over the phone for a part-time BSc Quantity Surveying Degree. The first semester is almost over when I realized that they have put me on the full-time course which I didn't want to do. My student finance application was also made for a part-time course. This has caused a great deal of stress when I realized that I missed deadlines because I was going according to the part time deadlines and I feel like I am suffering due to the admissions mistake. I have contacted the university and waiting for a response. What could be the possible outcomes?
Last edited by bobbyk1820; 1 month ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bobbyk1820)
I have applied over the phone for a part-time BSc Quantity Surveying Degree. The first semester is almost over when I realized that they have put me on the full-time course which I didn't want to do. My student finance application was also made for a part-time course. This has caused a great deal of stress when I realized that I missed deadlines because I was going according to the part time deadlines and I feel like I am suffering due to the admissions mistake. I have contacted the university and waiting for a response. What could be the possible outcomes?
I could state the outcomes, but you will only use those to beat yourself up about.
You had to have been very dopey for not realising you were on the FT course.
Assuming sich a course exits then I wouldnt worry, they should be able to sort something out.
You need to speak to your tutor, lecturers, admissions and registry.
bobbyk1820
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I could state outcomes, but you will only use those to beat yourself up about.
You had to have been very dopey for not realising you were on the FT course.
Assuming sich a course exits then I wouldnt worry, they should be able to sort something out.
You need to speak to your tutor, lecturers, admissions and registry.
The truth hurts but it is necessary for growth!
I was on a part time course at the beginning but there was an issue with my student finance so they asked me to pay 50% upfront or they will cancel my enrolment so I did but instead of leaving me on a part time course they changed my course to full time. All my module guides stated I am doing a part time course before I paid 50%. I have contacted all the people you have mentioned and they have said they review the situation. I just feel like I have been cheated because I paid the tuition fee for a part time course not a full time course. I just hope they don’t force me study a full time course as I have other responsibilities to take care of at home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads