The Student Room Group

computer science and philosophy

has anyone received interview invitation from the university of oxford. (undergrad)
Original post by Zahmed144
I have. It came about a week ago. This is the same with all my friends. If you haven't got one you probably have been rejected

That's not necessarily true. Most invitations thus far have been for Law and the humanities. It may take a little longer for the STEM subjects in general, especially accounting for intercollegiate differences. I can't speak for CompSci & Philosophy, but very few or no Maths & CompSci invites have been sent out as MAT results are still being processed. I wouldn't read too far into the timing of emails in regards to whether you have been accepted/rejected. Just keep an eye out, and check the Spam/Junk folder just in case.

There's a running spreadsheet on the Official Oxford 2021 applicants thread of interview invites/rejections if you're interested.
Original post by Fermicide
That's not necessarily true. Most invitations thus far have been for Law and the humanities. It may take a little longer for the STEM subjects in general, especially accounting for intercollegiate differences. I can't speak for CompSci & Philosophy, but very few or no Maths & CompSci invites have been sent out as MAT results are still being processed. I wouldn't read too far into the timing of emails in regards to whether you have been accepted/rejected. Just keep an eye out, and check the Spam/Junk folder just in case.

There's a running spreadsheet on the Official Oxford 2021 applicants thread of interview invites/rejections if you're interested.

My friends are doing stem based subjects so if you are doing stem based work then you have been probably rejected
My friends are doing stem based subjects so if you are doing stem based work then you have been probably rejected

You're clearly not very well informed. The majority of STEM invitations/rejections have still not been sent (again, I reference the Official Oxford 2021 Applicants Thread, where there is far more information on this).
I have. It came about a week ago. This is the same with all my friends. If you haven't got one you probably have been rejected

Odd. Your other recent thread said you had applied for Cambs so this can't possibly be true.

(Polite request for others to ignore this posters comments)
That's really interesting information. Do you have the same for English?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending