UmaMagomedova
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I applied to study law at both Bristol and Oxford this year. I have already received an offer from Bristol, yet I still haven’t heard from Oxford. I was wondering whether the fact that Bristol accepted me could mean that I am likely to at least be invited for an interview? I got nine 9s, two 8s and one 7 in my GCSEs, an A in AS English and Economics, an A* in A Level Russian, and my UCAS grades are A*A*AA. Thank you so much in advance! PS sorry for any grammatical errors, English is not my first language)
Last edited by UmaMagomedova; 1 month ago
Zahmed144
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well if you haven't got a response yet I would not worry. It usually takes them until February due to the high amount of people. Usually the worst unis are the ones that take quicker to reply and accept
UmaMagomedova
Rep:
?
Thanks!
Last edited by UmaMagomedova; 1 month ago
UmaMagomedova
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zahmed144)
Well if you haven't got a response yet I would not worry. It usually takes them until February due to the high amount of people. Usually the worst unis are the ones that take quicker to reply and accept
Thanks! I am a bit worried since I know that Oxford usually starts shortlisting people at this time of the year((
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oxford Mum might be able to help.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UmaMagomedova)
Hi! I applied to study law at both Bristol and Oxford this year. I have already received an offer from Bristol, yet I still haven’t heard from Oxford. I was wondering whether the fact that Bristol accepted me could mean that I am likely to at least be invited for an interview? I got nine 9s, two 8s and one 7 in my GCSEs, an A in AS English and Economics, an A* in A Level Russian, and my UCAS grades are A*A*AA. Thank you so much in advance! PS sorry for any grammatical errors, English is not my first language)
Most Oxford colleges have already given out their law invites, but some have not - it depends on the college. Hertford, for instance has still not given out any interview invites to anyone!!

Bristol is a great uni for law, so well done for getting an offer! However just because you get an offer from one uni, it does not necessarily follow that you will get an interview at Oxford. Oxford will look at your individual application on its own merits and compared with other applicants.

I know it's hard, but take everything one step at a time with Oxford. All should be revealed in the next day or so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.34%
I don't have everything I need (90)
37.66%

Watched Threads