Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have till the end of February to make £1500
I dont have anything to sell
Any suggestions??
get a job? student account with an overdraft? ask family / friends? instead of xmas presents, xmas money?

cut back on all spendings, it’s difficult to give advice when we don’t know your circumstances such as age / jobs / monthly incomes
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by obstruct)
get a job? student account with an overdraft? ask family / friends? instead of xmas presents, xmas money?

cut back on all spendings, it’s difficult to give advice when we don’t know your circumstances such as age / jobs / monthly incomes
I can’t get a job as my dad is shielding from COVID so I can’t go outside and my parents aren’t very supportive atm I also don’t celebrate Christmas. I’m 16 I live with my parents they pay for everything but they refuse to speak to me or do anything for me as I came out the other day
*****deadness
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can’t get a job as my dad is shielding from COVID so I can’t go outside and my parents aren’t very supportive atm I also don’t celebrate Christmas. I’m 16 I live with my parents they pay for everything but they refuse to speak to me or do anything for me as I came out the other day
I think it'd be easier to make up with them. They may be upset about you but they'll probably not going to starve you to death. Is there something private you want to do that isn't their responsibility? In that case you might want some other way on top of that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by *****deadness)
I think it'd be easier to make up with them. They may be upset about you but they'll probably not going to starve you to death. Is there something private you want to do that isn't their responsibility? In that case you might want some other way on top of that
I can’t they literally hate me because I told them that I was bi and they feed me and all that. And yh that’s why I wanted the money, like what aha?
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
Yourself
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Yourself
Huh?
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Huh?
If it's just about food and not about something you wanted to get that you now can't because of the fight, they very probably won't starve you to death. Had they been good parents before that, as in feeding properly and being generally helpful outside your sexuality
Anonymous #1
If it's just about food and not about something you wanted to get that you now can't because of the fight, they very probably won't starve you to death. Had they been good parents before that, as in feeding properly and being generally helpful outside your sexuality
My parents have always been toxic and they just find new ways to hate me but they’ve always fed me. And I need that money to move out
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My parents have always been toxic and they just find new ways to hate me but they’ve always fed me. And I need that money to move out
I wouldn't be in a hurry to move out if I was 16. How will you have enough money to rent for more than a month. You have a better chance at 18. If they've always fed you I'm sure it'll still happen even with you coming out
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't sign a contract for a room until you are 18.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have your parents given you a deadline of February to move out of their home?
Or have you found alternative accomodation from Feb 2021 that will cost you £1500 to move in.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
You can't sign a contract for a room until you are 18.
I know that I wasn’t saying I was gonna rent a place 😅I was gonna move in with my sister but she can’t afford both of us so I have to pay for food and stuff
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Have your parents given you a deadline of February to move out of their home?
Or have you found alternative accomodation from Feb 2021 that will cost you £1500 to move in.
I’m moving in with my sister and February is when her lease ends so she needs to know whether she should get an extra bedroom or not and whether to put in her new contract if she’s the only one living there or not
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know that I wasn’t saying I was gonna rent a place 😅I was gonna move in with my sister but she can’t afford both of us so I have to pay for food and stuff
£1500 won't be enough ..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
£1500 won't be enough ..
We’ve worked it out it’ll be enough for a month or so
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We’ve worked it out it’ll be enough for a month or so
Yeah and what next? Your parents would be raging even harder and so there's no point if it's not forever or at least for a very long time
Anonymous #1
Yeah and what next? Your parents would be raging even harder and so there's no point if it's not forever or at least for a very long time
They don’t care, they want me to leave and tbh I can’t deal with their toxicity any longer, I won’t be living with my dad then so I would be able to go outside (he’s shielding) and get a job
*****deadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They don’t care, they want me to leave and tbh I can’t deal with their toxicity any longer, I won’t be living with my dad then so I would be able to go outside (he’s shielding) and get a job
Yeah but if you'll have to deal with them again after a month you're better off putting up with them for now. I'm not sure the jobs (if any) you can get at 16 will get you anywhere near enough to move out
Anonymous #1
Yeah but if you'll have to deal with them again after a month you're better off putting up with them for now. I'm not sure the jobs (if any) you can get at 16 will get you anywhere near enough to move out
Again I don’t need that much money only enough to help my sis out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
24.09%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
43.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.92%

Watched Threads