zhourmt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is a biomedical engineering personal statement sufficient for a general engineering course?
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zhourmt)
is a biomedical engineering personal statement sufficient for a general engineering course?
Hey zhourmt, I think as long as you are quite focused on Engineering in general, whilst using examples for Biomedical Engineering to show your enthusiasm and research you've put in to your application then that should be ok! We don't offer general engineering programmes so it's maybe worth contacting admissions teams in the university's you're applying for- but I think as long as you're balanced and showing your passion and interest in Engineering (in particular within the Biomedical discipline) then I don't see too many issues with that.

Make sure you're focusing on demonstrating key Engineering skills- problem solving, communication and team working to name a few! Use examples of times where you've shown you have these skills to prove to your chosen unis why they should offer you a place.

Best of luck with your application!

- Caitlin
Official Univesity of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.75%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
29.02%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (157)
37.65%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.47%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.12%

Watched Threads