_ayeshaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently doing my Bachelors in Accounting and am in my final year. I have serious doubts as to what I want to do after my bachelor's is done. I'm thinking of professional courses like ACCA, CPA, or ICAEW. Any idea as to which course is better? I'm also interested in Forensic Accounting, but from what I've read about it, it's best to pursue it once you have a professional certification.
_ayeshaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by tsp2021applicant)
I also did a Bachelors in Accounting and had the same issue of where it may lead post uni.

There are a number of graduate schemes available although if you are in your final year right now, you have left it quite late to apply.

I would suggest checking out the range of graduate schemes, Civil Service offer a good range however you are too late to apply for some of them I believe.

Otherwise the professional accreditation route is a good plan, it is worth trying to get in with a company first though so that you have the certainty that it is worth doing. Also some companies will pay for your first and sometimes second attempt at the professional papers.
heeyo, thanks i'll check them out
username5481824
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All the best in your accounting career.
Do you want to go into something like fraud investigation?
_ayeshaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abz-k14)All the best in your accounting career.

well, that sounds interesting? Any tips on how to learn more about it?
username5481824
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _ayeshaa)
(Original post by Abz-k14)All the best in your accounting career.

well, that sounds interesting? Any tips on how to learn more about it?
Imo with Fraud Investigation you'd don't really need a degree, like it's not a MUST, but it's good to have one.
As long as you can show the skills required, and with some previous experience to back that, then you'll be okay.
Like with the job that I applied for in fraud, the interview was all about the soft skills, rather than the technical stuff.
So like there isn't really a way to learn more about it, but idk ugh
Last edited by username5481824; 1 month ago
_ayeshaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abz-k14)
Imo with Fraud Investigation you'd don't really need a degree, like it's not a MUST, but it's good to have one.
As long as you can show the skills required, and with some previous experience to back that, then you'll be okay.
Like with the job that I applied for in fraud, the interview was all about the soft skills, rather than the technical stuff.
So like there isn't really a way to learn more about it, but idk ugh
so how'd you get to gain experience for fraud investigation? like you just apply for the relevant position?
username5481824
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so how'd you get to gain experience for fraud investigation? like you just apply for the relevant position?
Yes
Or you could apply at various law firms which deal with similar things such as fraud as most roles have similar skills needed to go into fraud investigation, because you're investigating a claim to see for any flaws, for example.
_ayeshaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abz-k14)
Yes
Or you could apply at various law firms which deal with similar things such as fraud as most roles have similar skills needed to go into fraud investigation, because you're investigating a claim to see for any flaws, for example.
a bachelor's degree in a relevant field is enough? or any particular courses that must be done?
username5481824
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a bachelor's degree in a relevant field is enough? or any particular courses that must be done?
In terms of education yeah, but you also need experience in the relevant field, to show that you have soft skills as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (36)
17.06%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.32%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.37%

Watched Threads