The Student Room Group

How much student loan does the average student in the U.K. get each month?

Hi!
I know this is a very broad question but just an estimate would help!

Thank you :smile:
I’m going to be at Bournemouth arts university.
this is useless question for several reasons, but mainly

1 - you don't get paid per month you get paid at the beginning of each term, so this excludes summer months
2 - the average doesn't tell you anything if you want to know your own entitlement. you can just calculate your close approximate maintenance loan using the sfe calculator (and maybe your parents' help) since its dependent on household income
Original post by JADekay2037
Hi!
I know this is a very broad question but just an estimate would help!

Thank you :smile:
I’m going to be at Bournemouth arts university.

Assuming that you're a typical student, this is going to depend heavily on your parents' income.
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL

1 - you don't get paid per month you get paid at the beginning of each term, so this excludes summer months
2 - the average doesn't tell you anything if you want to know your own entitlement. you can just calculate your close approximate maintenance loan using the sfe calculator (and maybe your parents' help) since its dependent on household income

In Scotland SAAS pays the loan and bursary monthly so depends who you're with.
Reply 5
Original post by HoldThisL

Actually you get more in years 1&2 than year 3 because you receive some money for summer, I think it’s the 3rd term payment is higher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending