Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! Theres alot of people currently asking about pharmacy interviews and the sorts of things to expect but their hasnt been any sort of replies to those threads. If you are a current MPharm student, could you please give us some advice since I assume you were successful at the interview. How did you prepare? How was the format of your interview? I know you didnt have yours online but an interview is an interview- the content doesnt change just because its virtual. Is there anything that you think students should read over in particular?

Thank youuu
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by .2.0.0.3.)
Hi! Theres alot of people currently asking about pharmacy interviews and the sorts of things to expect but their hasnt been any sort of replies to those threads. If you are a current MPharm student, could you please give us some advice since I assume you were successful at the interview. How did you prepare? How was the format of your interview? I know you didnt have yours online but an interview is an interview- the content doesnt change just because its virtual. Is there anything that you think students should read over in particular?

Thank youuu
Hey .2.0.0.3.!

I was successful in several pharmacy interviews including Portsmouth, UEA and Reading, and I chose to study Pharmacy at Portsmouth.

In regards to preparing for the interviews - I would definitely suggest doing some reading around the subject of Pharmacy and be able to say why you want to study it and what you are specifically interested in. This could include referring to any extra reading you have done e.g. from chemist and druggist.
Also I would recommend familiarising yourself with the GPhC standards for Pharmacy Professionals - as you have to follow these as a pharmacy student.

The format of the interview varies greatly depending on the university, they all include an ethical based theme of sorts - to ensure you are the right person for the course.
I won't go into too much detail as I don't want to give anyone an advantage at an interview but most interviews will involve mini tests or group activities to see how you get along with others and to test your A-level knowledge.

In the person based interview you're likely to be asked how you would work through an ethical scenario - again as the GPhC wants to recruit ethical students.

Most of all just be yourself and try not to stress about it too much
The unis want to see you for who you are and what you can bring to the course!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Last edited by University of Portsmouth Student Rep; 1 month ago
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey .2.0.0.3.!

I was successful in several pharmacy interviews including Portsmouth, UEA and Reading, and I chose to study Pharmacy at Portsmouth.

In regards to preparing for the interviews - I would definitely suggest doing some reading around the subject of Pharmacy and be able to say why you want to study it and what you are specifically interested in. This could include referring to any extra reading you have done e.g. from chemist and druggist.
Also I would recommend familiarising yourself with the GPhC standards for Pharmacy Professionals - as you have to follow these as a pharmacy student.

The format of the interview varies greatly depending on the university, they all include an ethical based theme of sorts - to ensure you are the right person for the course.
I won't go into too much detail as I don't want to give anyone an advantage at an interview but most interviews will involve mini tests or group activities to see how you get along with others and to test your A-level knowledge.

In the person based interview you're likely to be asked how you would work through an ethical scenario - again as the GPhC wants to recruit ethical students.

Most of all just be yourself and try not to stress about it too much
The unis want to see you for who you are and what you can bring to the course!

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Thank you so much Eloise!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.58%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (128)
28.32%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (166)
36.73%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (60)
13.27%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed