Are the generally angry in the house?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I come from a pakistani culture

And I have an uncle all the time when I see him who takes the piss, takes digs, puts me down and gives the silent treatment only to me and never wishes to hear anything positive.

If he is this insecure and do this, do you think when he is at home he is an angry person? So I may not see it, but he needs to vent at home too, he gets angry in the house.
Anonymous #1
Bump
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He sounds horrid and very hostile towards you.
Best to avoid all contact.

Probably doesn't behave that differently at home, unless he gains something special by being polite to a specific person he lives with.
I have known people that act like like this from a variety of backgrounds, women and men.
All different nationalities, professions, races, religious beliefs and tribal/caste backgrounds.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
He sounds horrid and very hostile towards you.
Best to avoid all contact.

Probably doesn't behave that differently at home, unless he gains something special by being polite to a specific person he lives with.
I have known people that act like like this from a variety of backgrounds, women and men.
All different nationalities, professions, races, religious beliefs and tribal/caste backgrounds.
That's fantastic, thank you. it is a shallow and superficial culture, they must be unhappy because its all about following the crowd to them and doing certain things. You just cannot be happy with the Pakistani/Indian mentality. Thank goodness I'm out of it. Better to have real friends with substance, then friends to make you look good and popular.

As you aware, the pakistani and Indian culture, they are very tight knitted towards family and the community. And it seems like they need a scapegoat too some of them.

Unless they are top of the hierarchy, so they enjoy the privileges of fitting in, no being shunned, not being criticised or left out and have certain power, that's how the south asian system works in their head and hence anything different or anything else gets badly disdained.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's fantastic, thank you. it is a shallow and superficial culture, they must be unhappy because its all about following the crowd to them and doing certain things. You just cannot be happy with the Pakistani/Indian mentality. Thank goodness I'm out of it. Better to have real friends with substance, then friends to make you look good and popular.

As you aware, the pakistani and Indian culture, they are very tight knitted towards family and the community. And it seems like they need a scapegoat too some of them.

Unless they are top of the hierarchy, so they enjoy the privileges of fitting in, no being shunned, not being criticised or left out and have certain power, that's how the south asian system works in their head and hence anything different or anything else gets badly disdained.
My best friend was born in India.
Her family are lovely and welcoming, not traditionalist but very family orientated.
I escaped from my parents before a levels were over, cut contact and am not keen on the 'family is everything' or insular tight knit community mentalities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed