Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm thinking of dropping out of uni as i don't like it at-all, but not sure what to do after tbh. Anyone dropped out and were happier after? What did you end up doing?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what stage are you at? what are you studying? what don't you like about uni?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
what stage are you at? what are you studying? what don't you like about uni?
I'm in my first year and i've nearly done a whole semester, but because of covid its ruined everything, teaching and social life! I haven't really found any good friends and its caused me to be behind on work. I actually left uni last year because i wanted to change course so i re-applied this year to a different uni so i don't have another chance to do that again!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm thinking of dropping out of uni as i don't like it at-all, but not sure what to do after tbh. Anyone dropped out and were happier after? What did you end up doing?
Hi,

I'm sorry you're not enjoying university! I think if you're not enjoying it, considering dropping out is a valid option, especially if it will make you happier. Some of my school friends dropped out of university, took a year out and applied elsewhere and they are much happier where they are now.

Before you make any decisions I think you need to speak to an academic advisor or student support service. They might be able to offer support while you're at university and provide guidance if you want to drop out. I think it's also worth letting your tutors know you're behind on work if you haven't already so they can offer support where necessary too.

It's a really tricky time at the moment, so ultimately you need to do what's right for you. If that means dropping out then it's totally okay to do so

Lucy
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did, a long, long time ago. Lasted a few weeks. I went and got a job, which I hated after a few months. Then I moved abroad for a bit. Went back to uni 6 years later. It'll always be there. You can always go back.
Ruh4nr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im thinking the same if im honest and reapplying for next year
marble543
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I dropped out of cardiff uni last Christmas, I was studying english literature. My main reasons for dropping out were that I felt as though Id rushed into decisions, I had an overall gut feeling it wasnt right, I wasnt all that happy (I had made friends and was getting on with the course ok) but somehow I knew i wasnt meant to be there.

As soon as i came home I started researching into options - a month later I got some work experience in journalism, i interned at a local magazine for a few months and now im doing a 1 year journalism course.

The biggest things Ive learnt since dropping out is that its okay to put your happiness first and that life is trial and error - in truth I'm not so sure journalism is my dream career, but I've learnt so much this past year and have met and continue to meet so many wonderful people that its been worth it. Its only through taking action and doing that you see results - my relatively short time in this field has highlighted to me that perhaps I'm more suited to a caring role and thats something I'm excited to look into next! If you need to chat DM me - I know how hard it can be making such big decisions. Ultimately your happiness is priority - whichever path you take everything will be ok!
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not for everyone I dropped out after my first term but I went back (to different uni) and was much happier a girl a few doors down from me dropped out also she has just started working at BA as cabin crew there are ways to be successful without a degree it's just maybe in a different way from what you thought.

What things do you like out side of academics there may be a job that enables you to peruse that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.54%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (128)
28.26%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.87%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (60)
13.25%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.09%

Watched Threads