username5417166
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My grandma died a week ago and I’ve been super upset about it. We were extremely close. I’ve never applied for mit circs before and I’m worried that it will actually make my grade worse because lecturers will know that I’ve had longer to submit it and therefore will Mark harsher? Is this the case? I have three deadlines for the 10th Jan and I’ve requested that they’re pushed back by a week. Which I don’t think is unreasonable.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bunny1281)
My grandma died a week ago and I’ve been super upset about it. We were extremely close. I’ve never applied for mit circs before and I’m worried that it will actually make my grade worse because lecturers will know that I’ve had longer to submit it and therefore will Mark harsher? Is this the case? I have three deadlines for the 10th Jan and I’ve requested that they’re pushed back by a week. Which I don’t think is unreasonable.
Rather than have a moral crisis, just ask and you either get it or you dont.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They will not mark more harshly.

Surely you don't need them all pushed back? I'd just ask for one to allow you a bit of breathing space.
username5417166
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Rather than have a moral crisis, just ask and you either get it or you dont.
Excuse me don’t be so rude. My grandmother has just died and you’re telling me not to have a moral crisis. Get the **** out. I hope you catch chlamydia
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
Excuse me don’t be so rude. My grandmother has just died and you’re telling me not to have a moral crisis. Get the **** out. I hope you catch chlamydia
Maybe dont be so defensive and realise I have just given you good advice, but you failed to understand.
If you dont ask , you wont get. Why spend time worrying about it as that is a waste of energy. Put in an application and let them deal with it.
You can then get on with other things.

I note your wish of illness upon myself, thanks for that. Am I now meant to reply in kind and wish an illness upon you and yours? Do you have a preference as to which condition you want or shall we select it from the medical dictionary? Hope the best for you. Never change for anyone.
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't see how you can tell someone to not be rude and in the same post you express that you wish they catch chlamydia. :dontknow:

They won't mark harsher. They will mark against the available criteria, you will just have longer to submit. Pushing the deadlines back by a week in the case of bereavement of a close family member is a typical request, generally not questioned and is acceptable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.46%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.08%

Watched Threads